Chapter 17: Run

I was alone in the woods. Nobody in sight. The sound of the wind lingered above me. It was cloudy. There's a storm coming.

Everything was still. No animals. No sounds of the leaves. Not even the sound of thunder.The stillness engulfed the trees. I hated it. I hated this silence. 

The silence that once killed me. 

Frsssh.

Sound! 

Frsssssh.

Sound! There it goes again! Finally, a sound. I turned back and saw a man. He was wearing a black suit. His sleeves were half folded. He had a very strong built. He was sweating and he was bringing something but I couldn't make out what. I could see from the distance that he was smiling at me. 

I slowly walked towards him. There's something in him that's drawing me near. I know it's dangerous but I just can't help it. It's enticing me. I can't stop myself. I could see his smile was growing by my every step. It's like he was happy that I chose to go near him. 

That I chose to let him...

... kill me.

No! I didn't have any control of my body. It keeps strutting forward. I don't want him to kill me! 

I WANT TO LIVE!

In the distance, I could see someone waving his hands. He was wearing a black leather jacket and white shirt and some pants. He was shouting something. But I could hear nothing coming out from his mouth. He panicked and panicked. He kept screaming. He was desperate! But I still can't hear any sound. 

I stopped dead on my tracks when I realized that that man was...

... Alfred.

" You know what we want."

I faced forward and saw the man's face was already in front of mine. He was grinning and I could see, from the corner of my eye, that what he was holding was dripping with blood. 

I tried to run but he caught me by the throat. He was already choking me. I reached for anything. Anything at all. I couldn't breathe. I have to do something! I have to do something! I HAVE TO DO SOMETHING!

Alfred was waving his hands. He was still shouting but no voice was coming out from his mouth. He bent down to pick something up and threw it to me. It was a rock. I reached for the rock and tried to gasped for air at the same time. I managed to get a good grip on the rock and hit the man on the head. He finally let go of my throat. 

I coughed and coughed. Only hearing the sound of my voice echo the woods. The silence was overwhelming. The woods, still. I looked around hoping to see Alfred. And I did. He was smiling. He slowly opened his mouth and I leaned over to get a good view of it. I want to lip read what he's trying to say. But I saw his lips motion...

" RUN."