Chapter Thirty-Seven

"I want nothing more than you tonight,
I'm falling even faster."

....

It was weird leaving Richieville again. I was doing my best to grieve, and trying to hide the strange feeling of satisfaction.
I'd gotten away with murder, literally.
And the event was going to help me get closer to Adora, somehow.
I hadn't planned on her and Debbie rekindling their friendship, but I couldn't see that getting in my way; yet.
Will wouldn't ask Adora to the dance, and she was too polite and worried to ask him after being at the funeral.

She had grieved in her life before, and she knew it was important to feel the grief; she would let Will feel it.
I sat alone in the patio and pulled my knees up to my chest.
I couldn't make too many moves just yet.
I have to make sure I kept my ego in check; I'd killed Elissa, but I'd failed to kill Brett.
Had I meant to kill him though?
I thought about the two phones in my room and bit my bottom lip.
Adora's lips flashed into my mind and quickly overtook the vision of the phones.
I was watching her bite the plump, bottom lip shyly, my hands on hers, moving up her arms softly.
She was getting embarrassed, she turned away as my hands reached her biceps, I felt myself laugh a little.
"It's OK." I felt myself breathe. I closed my eyes and lowered my head onto my knees, my arms wrapped around my leg as I imagine turning Adora's face towards mine and kissing her.
She kissed back, it was shy and too gentle; but she kissed back.
She was mine.