Chapter 14

"Welcome abroad, princess!" his loud obnoxious voice bounced off the wall, my ears twitched and I cringed at the nasty voice

"You guys need some diversity," I muttered as I tried to push myself up.

"Look what we have here-" Nero's face came into view as he roughly grasped my face to make me look at him

"A deadman is all I can see here." I cut him off with a snarl, showing my sharp teeth, Nero seemed unfazed and even amused by my threat

"I wonder how long you can keep this facade up?" he scoffed "I won't let you get in my way, you'll have a front seat view to witness my masterpiece." I struggled as his soldiers hoist me up by my arms

"I will tear out your eyes before you can even see it happen, I will tear out your throat before you can laugh with joy and I will fucking shred your hearts to pieces as you did to mine!" I yelled before I used my tail to smack one of the guys in the face and punched the other in the face.

Charging towards Nero, I pulled out a pocket knife from my boots and aimed for his eyes, as I promised. But I didn't get very far like always nothing ever goes my way. I felt a sudden high-intensity shock go through my body and I couldn't even scream, my throat closed up and my muscles tensed. They fucking tased me. 

I coughed and heaved, only to crumbled to the floor again. This time, I couldn't get up, my muscle was completely paralyzed. I groaned out in pain as someone grabbed my hair and pulled my head up roughly.

"You know you can't win this, just give in," Nero grabbed my face and traced his thumb against my cheek "Join me, Princess. I can make you a queen, give you your rightful title back."

"You took my title, you took my life away....my family, you MURDERED my family!" I snapped with anger, my pupils dilate with anger.

His man let go of my hair, and I was too tired to even keep it lifted, I felt Nero moved and squatted down, this time he was the one who gripped onto my hair and forced me to look at him.

"You're not the only one who wants to avenge for their family." he raised his voice and anger was evident.

"That is not an excuse to turn into a mass murder on a rampage!" I cried out in frustration

"Speak for yourself," he yelled back, I pulled myself into a sitting position and glared at him

"I never hurt anyone and I would never, it was my goal to kill you to avenge my planet's destruction, I would never wish harm onto anyone else other than you."

"What about my crew? My crew was also the ones that had to bear with the pain of losing their family, they were also getting their revenge, yet they were perceived as the bad guys?! How does that make any sense? We lost our planet, nobody came to provide us any justice." He threw his arms up with rage.

My mouth dried as I saw the pain flickered through his eyes, the built up years of grief and pain that became too much to handle and was spilling over the edge. I remembered what old Spock had said, Nero's planet was lost and the promise that was given to them was broken and they had to pay the price.

"Nobody would help us get our revenge, nobody gave us a hand." I can sense the tension building up in the air, the soldier's around me were getting more and more agitated as they remembered the feeling that they were put through at the loss of their home.

"NOBODY!" His voice echoed through the room, but this time it was laced with jealousy

The jealousy that people were inclined to give me a hand, yet no one wanted to help them. They were abandoned and thrown away after they were given a promise that could never be fulfilled. Nero didn't understand what factor I had and they didn't. He couldn't understand and that frustration turned into jealousy and anger, which becomes even more of a reason to get his revenge. 

"So we had to take our matters into our hand. If no one will avenge for the lost ones, we will." He snarled and turned around showing his back to me.

"You don't have to do this. You already destroyed the Vulcan's planet, you got what you want."

"No, I didn't. I want more than only the planet destroyed, I wanted the Vulcan's to be annihilated."

"Why are you still creating more despair to others who had nothing to do with the loss of your planet. There are still so many innocent bystanders that don't deserve to die!" 

"Princess, the world isn't this black and white. Until I get what I want, I won't stop." , he moved away from me and started pacing back and forth

For a second, I saw myself standing there, alone and isolated. Engulfed in pain and grief, swallowed up by anguish and despair. Not being able to break free from the burden of revenge and hatred. Is this what happens when you go too far to avenge for loved ones? To become something even worse than a monster? To create all these suffering to only reduce to such a state. Someone who can't stop until they get what they want, no matter what they have to do to get over any and all obstacle. Even the murder of innocents. 

Killing Nero won't bring back my family but they need to be given justice, but what if I turn into something I can't control in the future, would I  turn into a monster? What would father say, he would never forgive me if I became someone who holds no morality and if I lose myself. The remaining Romulans only wanted revenge for the death of their family, that was it. But their leader was swallowed by bloodlust and insanity, would it even be right to kill someone who wanted the same thing as I did?

I didn't say anything as my mind raced, during this time Nero's soldiers took this opportunity to grab me and cuffed my arms behind my back. When I looked up and stare straight into his eyes with determination. His face hardened at my stare and lifted his chin up. 

He stalked towards me and stopped right in front of me, I can feel his breath hit my forehead. I stared at him in silence for a few more seconds before opening my mouth

"They will come and stop you, I will stop you even if it cost me my life." 

"I'd like to see you try." he leaned down and sneered

With that he swiftly turned and walked out, leaving me with a new purpose, and hopefully one that won't get anyone killed. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I know that Nero was a villain, but I didn't realize that both Nero and Leona were basically in the same situation until I was writing this scene, they both lost their planet and was seeking revenge. I was actually gonna make this chapter more on Leona's anger but it somehow became Nero's (which really surprised me), but it was interesting because I never thought about it this way and I somehow feel bad for Nero, but he did trash the Vulcan planet so I guess he had it coming.