Part 10: Depressed

I texted Anna and paced around the upstairs bathroom. After a few minutes Anna finally came in.

"Maisie! I was worried about you." She ran in and hugged me.

"Anna, I need to tell you something." I sniffed.

Before I could say anything I could hear footsteps and my name being called out.

"Hide." I said quietly.

We went into the big stall and locked the door. I tried to be as quiet as possible.

"Maisie, are you in here?" I heard a voice it sounded like my guidance counselor.

Neither of us said a word. She just looked at me and didn't say anything.

After a minute I heard the footsteps leave.

I sighed and took my hand off my mouth.

"Maisie you need to tell me what's going on." Anna demanded.

"Matthew... he hit me." I took my glasses off and put my head down in shame.

She looked at me in shock before she said anything.

"I'm so sorry Maisie... I didn't know." She hugged me tighter.

"I just need a few days I'm gonna have my mom pick me up. Please don't say anything he's really upset right now."

"I won't I promise. I love you Maize keep your head up." She hugged me again.

"Love you too. Go back to class I'll see you later." I fake smiled.

She gave me a sorry look and left.

I called my mom she was home on her day off. I told her that I was sick and to come pick me up. My head was honestly pounding along with my stomach hurting anyways. This was making me sick physically.

I waited a few minutes before going back downstairs.

I sat on the bench and waited for my mom. Thank goodness I didn't see Mrs.Ha or my avid teacher Ms.Rund.

A few minutes rolled by and she finally came. She went into the office. I waited a few minutes so she could check me out of school.

After a minute I went inside. I walked straight out the door with my mom behind me I didn't say anything.

"Maisie what the hell is going on?" She said out of breath trying to catch up with me in her heels.

I just kept walking towards the car. Tears were rolling down my face because I knew I had to tell her.

I got in the car and put my seat belt on.

She got in the driver seat and looked at me.

"You gonna tell me what's going on?" She asked calmly because she seen that I was crying.

"Is dad home?" I asked quietly so I could catch my breath.

"Maisie I was already on my way before you called. I know you're not sick. Mrs. Ha called me."

"What did she say?" I quickly said.

"That you were upset and came to school with a black eye."

"I need to talk to you and Dad." I said quietly

"As soon as we get home." She also said quietly.
———————————————————————————
As soon as we made it home my mom walked me inside.

My dad was home and he was waiting for us. He looked like he was drinking.

"Take off the glasses!" My dad said angrily.