Prologue: Leaving Paradise

So you've come to this next story. Thank you. Hopefully, I can keep this less like an exposition or guide and more like a lengthy way of saying 'Once Upon A Time'. This does take place around the events of the first book, but whether it can qualify as a sequel remains to be determined on how I end that book. So, until then, we will treat it as a spin-off rather than a Sequel.

The Myst Pack, known for its beautiful forest where a small pack settlement soon to grow as the changing seasons go, with an evening fog setting in the fall and spring times, when weather changes and water travels down the river at raised or lower water levels. Either way, things were always a safe-haven for those who wanted to be themselves, whether residents realized it or not. But, heading north to the mountain range, we end up at a secluded clearing in a valley forest, located at the base of the mountain range. 

This pack led by Alpha Stanley, a traditional Alpha taught the values and roles that an Aloha and his pack served. As interesting as we are in this man, our focus shall be on the real protagonist of this story. Nathanial Dillon is everything we consider as a good person, which may sound boring to some, but to others, it is a person to be treasured. No one knows that better than Eduardo Deacon, known best by their school mates as Nathanials 'sidekick', known to their friends as unofficial boyfriends, and to the rest of their lives full of people they love, best friends. Many would consider this an insult to be pegged in such simple terms based on that of another, but Eduardo feels it as an honor because his whole lifetime is based around fulfilling Nathanials dreams, promising to be everything Nathaniel needs him to be. So what does Ed's life amount to when Nathan, his dearest friend, has someone to fill his shoes? 

Valerie's Valentine has been around the block. Knowing of the boy Nathanial and his pet, Eduardo, Valerius never realized that he and Nathaniel's fates would intertwine the day they turned 18. Valerius is not one to let opportunity slip him by without a fight to improve and gain whatever is necessary to gain what's his. Nathanial never needed any of it and will accept fate when comes the day he meets his mate.

What is the solution to this conundrum? 

Eduardo will refuse to stop being a slave to Nathanials whim. It is who he is, who molded himself to be, and who he prefers to continue to be, even if Nathanial would rather not hold him back any longer.

Valerius will rid of the things that could take away his Nathanial and give Nathan the happy life that comes with being a mate for the both of them. If only Nathanial would tell him that in the beginning of how he dreams of a relationship,  because is if Valerius is honest, he hasn't got a damn clue what he's doing and it frustrates him.

Nathanial will be good. He has to be good. For his mate, for his friend, for his family, for his boss. Nathanial wants everyone live happily ever after as he knows he will, but to gain that happiness, will Nathanial have to be bad in order to be good? Is worrying about others over himself really the wrong answer? He has no choice though. He has to pick up his bags and run, before it all ends for him. 

True Mates are one unique compatible way to find love and happiness for some, but should it be the only one? Can this process have the capability to  hurt forever or is that an unwarranted fear? The pack thinks to stay with the mate chosen by fate, no matter what. Anything less is shameful. So, Nathanial, beloved for his good-nature, must be shamed.