5. A Mission

What do you guys think of the new cover? Sorry, I just thought that the original one with her face all zoomed in was awkward.

"Anyone else?" She murmured, yet it caught the attention of everyone.

"Anyone else want to know what they did wrong?"

::

She was met with a wave of silence. Cocking her head slightly to the side, Sakura waited.

Naruto took a confident stride forward, although the hand held at his side shook.

Sakura raised an eyebrow. Uncrossing her arms, she gestured to him. "Go on. Step right up, Uzumaki."

Naruto smiled weakly. "Sakura-chan..." He began. "We didn't do anything wrong! This is just one of your mood swings, yeah? I mean, we got you Sasuke-teme and everythi-" Before he could finish, Sakura flicked her wrist and pure chakra shot out, hitting Naruto and sending him flying backwards.

"Done?" With no reply, Sakura nodded, although she wasn't satisfied. She wanted to make them pay. She wanted them to suffer. Just as she turned around to walk away and devise plans for their demise, a hand shot out and grabbed onto he wrist. Immediately that person was frozen in place then launched backwards.

Sakura whipped around. "Kakashi-sensei." She mocked, glaring.

Kakashi repositioned himself from the floor and tried to gain his bearings. This..this wasn't Sakura. No. No. They knew Sakura Haruno, and this was not her.

He glanced up into her glittering emerald eyes.

Or was it?

She stuck out her hand, gesturing for him to grab hold of it so she could pull him up. With barely any hesitation, he reached for it.  Just before they could make any physical contact, she retracted her arm and flicked senbon in his direction. It hit their mark perfectly, right on his pressure points. Kakashi sat there, frozen in place with the only freedom of sight.

Sakura took a step back, scrunching up her nose slightly in distaste.

"I get it. Uzumaki Naruto. Uchiha Sasuke!" She laughed, but it had no humor behind her words. It was the kind of laugh a person might make as they recall their worst memories, yet have to reveal them out loud.

"The last of their clans, and boy, weren't they absolute powerhouses?!" Sakura chuckled, turning around to face the path leading away. "Their dads were renowned for their pure skill. Uzumaki's father was Minato Namikaze! The Fourth Hokage!" She threw her hands up in the air and then clutched her head tightly, as if the same thing had been repeated into her own head countless times. "And then here comes a useless, civilian girl who liked books and boys." She now faced the group, staring straight into Sasuke's eyes. "That's what you thought, right Kakashi? I don't blame you."