Chapter Twenty Four: A Simple Day

At the beginning of December, they went back to Seoul. YG held a press conference for Jiyong to show that he was alright and to announce his relationship with Seunghyun. The news was pretty well received and most of their fans were happy to know they had each other. Another reason they went home was to spend the holidays with their families. Christmas had passed, the first Christmas that Jiyong and Seunghyun's families spent together. Once January came, Jiyong set to work addressing invites and deciding on menus, as well as deciding that he wanted them to get married on the beach in La Jolla at the Pantai Inn. When he showed Seunghyun photos of the beach venue, the elder knew it felt like the perfect place.

Seunghyun fell more in love with Jiyong watching his fervent planning. They were sitting at the kitchen table, the setting sun's rays casting long shadows across the scattered wedding invites covering the table's surface. They were busy scrawling addresses on heavy cream colored envelopes with scarlet ink pens. Seunghyun set his pen down and watched Jiyong carefully penning the address of his grandparents. He was smiling without realizing it when the younger looked up from what he was writing.

"What?"

"Nothing. Just enjoying the moment."

Jiyong smirked. "Well, how many invites do we have left to do?"

Seunghyun pulled the small pile of blank, unaddressed envelopes towards him, counting them quickly. After a moment, he held them in his hands and tapped them on the table, straightening the pile. "I have 28 left. Your stack looks about the same."

Jiyong leaned back in his chair, stretching his arms over his head. "Do you want to go out for dinner, extend the moment?" He asked waggling his eyebrows. "We can probably get these finished tomorrow morning in less than hour."

"Where do you wanna go?" He asked as he leaned out of his chair to grab a small box off the breakfast island, setting it on the table between them. Jiyong looked thoughtful as they put their stacks of unfinished invites into the box, leaving the pile of ready to go invites on the table.

"How would you feel about Outback? We haven't been in a while and we don't need a reservation."

Seunghyun sat forward, resting his arms on the table, his hands clasped together. "I could go for some Bloomin Onion."

"Cool. I'll go put something on that isn't joggers and a holey shirt." Jiyong stood and gave Seunghyun a small kiss before walking from the room. The elder stood as well and walked into the foyer to put his shoes on and retrieve the car keys. He was only left to wait around 5 minutes before Jiyong strolled into the foyer. Seunghyun looked him up and down approvingly.

"I like when you wear those jeans."

Jiyong smiled mischievously, hunger in his eyes. "I know." He stated simply, walking past the elder and out the door.

^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^

Jiyong opened his eyes the next morning and smiled when he saw Seunghyun asleep next to him, looking peaceful. When he saw there was almost no sunlight filtering through the windows, he rolled onto his side and scooted closer to the elder. He rested his head on Seunghyun's shoulder and closed his eyes. Just as he was falling back to sleep he felt one of the dogs jump onto the bed and wiggle up behind him. After a moment, he felt paws pulling his arm. Jiyong lifted his head and looked behind him, seeing Jolie sitting there. She tilted her head at him before whining quietly.

Jiyong sighed and sat up carefully. "Alright. Come on." He whispered as he gingerly slide to the edge of the bed, pulling the blanket off his legs. He shivered as his bare skin came in contact with the cold predawn air. He grabbed a fluffy robe off the blanket chest at the foot of the bed and put it on. Once it was secured he opened the bedroom door and felt both Gaho and Jolie rush past his legs and down the stairs. He heard Youngbae's door open and turned to see Daesung.