Chapter Five: After Dark

They walked down the sidewalk, talking about nothing in particular. As they neared the park, the street lights began jumping to life, illuminating the path. The rappers scanned the area, and seeing few people, removed their "masks" and breathed in the fresh night air.

Ji spotted a swingset and dashed forward, leaving a momentarily confused Seunghyun behind. Once the elder saw where the other had gone, he laughed and caught up to him.

"Ji?"

"What?" The younger asked sitting on a swing.

"How old are you today then?"

Jiyong stuck his tongue out for a short moment before his face turned to a puppy pout.

"Hyung, will you push me? Please?"

Seunghyun rolled his eyes. "Did your legs stop working, Ji Ji?"

Despite his comment, the older man walked behind Ji and grabbed the chain. He stepped back and let go. Once Ji moved closer, he gently pushed him away. After a few moments, Ji was flying high, smiling brightly at the elder.

"Having fun?"

He giggled. "Yeah. You should swing too!"

The elder looked at the swing beside him. He looked like he thought it would bite him.

"Nah, I'm good."

Ji pouted at him. "Come on, Seung! It'll be fun!"

The rapper sat on the swing. "I'll be the judge of that."

Ji smiled triumphantly. "I can't say no to you, my Jiyong."

Seunghyun began to swing as well, moving opposite of Ji, like Yin and Yang, push and pull. After a few moments, Ji called his name.

"Yes, Ji Ji?"

"Damnit, stop with that, good grief!" the younger laughed as he said it. "Want to go walk around the pond?"

The elder smiled as he nodded. They stood from the swings and began to walk away. He poked Jiyong in the ribs, causing him to jump with a squeak.

"Ya! What was that for?" He poked Seunghyun in his shoulder.

The elder shrugged. "Because I felt like it?"

"Is that a question or an answer?"

"Both and neither."

Jiyong shook his head, pinching the bridge of his nose. "You realize you make absolutely no sense, right?"

Seunghyun laughed, the sound rumbling deep in his chest. "Do I ever make sense?"

"Most of the time, actually! But you're so weird today, hyung. Are you getting sick?" The younger looked concerned.

Seung smiled down at him. "I'm fine, Ji. If I was sick, do you think I would've walked all the way here?"

"Well, no. But--"

"Then I'm ok." He touched Ji's arm reassuringly.

The shorter man surprised him by hugging him. "If there was something wrong, you'd tell me.... Right?"

The other put his arms around him. "Of course I would. You're my best friend, Ji."

Ji looked up at him. "Then would you tell me what you're hiding. This is the longest you've been around me in a long time. Did I do something wrong?"

Seunghyun pushed Ji's head back to his chest. "No, you're perfect. You've never done anything wrong to me. I'm sorry I've been so lost in my head lately, I never meant for you to think I was mad. I'm sorry you feel that way, but really Jiyong, I trust you more than pretty much everyone."