Chapter Seventeen: Worry

Bear with me, I promise this will be okay.

Seunghyun was walking around the waiting room, blood dried on his shirt. The doctors had rushed Jiyong into the operating room, and he'd been in surgery for over 6 hours . Other people in the waiting room were looking at Seunghyun as he was the only person moving about, and being covered in blood meant people were curious. He had called Jiyong's parents as soon as he was left in the emergency room and knew they had left to catch the earliest flight to get to their son. He was growing worried that he hadn't seen the others yet, and Jiyong had been in surgery for such a long time that the rapper was working himself up being alone to try and deal with the situation.

He was wringing his hands as he paced the small room, muttering to himself to not panic. When he heard his name, he whipped around and was relieved to see Youngbae and the other two standing in the hall. He walked over to them quickly.

"Have you heard anything?" Daesung asked frantically.

"No. They took him to surgery as soon as we got here." Seunghyun's eyes were getting red, as he felt more tears threaten to fall and his voice broke with emotion. "I called his parents, they're going to try to get here as fast as they can."

Seungri pulled at his shirt. "We brought the car. Do you still have extra clothes in there? I can run out to get you a different shirt."

Seunghyun nodded at the younger. "Yeah, I should still have a bag, and changing my shirt will be better. Thank you."

The youngest nodded and quickly walked away, leaving his elders standing there.

Seunghyun felt someone tap his shoulder, and he turned around quickly. A doctor was standing there, some blood drying on his scrubs. "You came in the ambulance with," he looked at a chart, "Jiyong?"

Seunghyun nodded and swallowed the lump in his throat.

"Are you family?"

"I'm his fiancé. His parents are still in Seoul."

The doctor nodded. "The other doctors are finishing everything up. He lost a lot of blood, and we almost lost him. We were able revive him and we removed two bullets, but there appeared to be four bullet holes, meaning two went clear through him. One of the bullets we removed shattered into five pieces. There was damage to his heart and lungs from the fragments, which we were able to suture closed. He'll be going to the ICU. We don't know if he's out of the woods yet, and we won't know for the next few hours. If he makes it over the next 12 hours, he will have a greater chance, but I should warn you that with losing him on the table for the moment we did, there's a great chance of brain damage, as well as the possibility of him losing some motor control."

"Do you mean he might end up in a wheelchair?"

The doctor nodded gravely. "Yes, if he wakes up, it would be miraculous for him to be able to walk and do the things he normally would on his own. If he wakes up and is responsive, though it will take time, he can be taught how to do basic things on his own, like eating and dressing himself."

"Is there any chance that he'll wake up and be fine?"

"Unfortunately, that chance is very very slim. I am so sorry to have to be the one saying this to you. Have the police spoken to you yet?"

Seunghyun blinked away the burning in his eyes, not letting himself cry in front of anyone. "No, they were talking to people at the scene. I don't know when they'll talk to me." He turned to look at the two singers. "Did they talk to you?"

The others nodded. "They asked us if we knew if he was out of surgery. They wanted to wait so you'd be in a better place to talk to them."

Seunghyun wrapped his arms around his waist, grimacing when he felt the dried blood crunch.