The Villain in the Shadows- Chapter 10 (CFH)

———————

Copper Canyon Park

———————

{Kalila’s POV}

“I hope you three are enjoying these gifts. There are plenty more where they came from.”

I recognized that voice. It was the voice from yesterday and the voice Silver and I had heard when we entered this reality.

“And don’t think I don’t know who you are when you aren’t fighting. Join me willingly, and you’ll be rewarded. Fight me, and you’re going to have quite the bad time,” the voice said.

“Who are you?!” I shouted to the invisible presence.

“Call me Laizen. Master of Universes, Controller of Dimensions, Empress of Realities,” the voice said.

“The only thing your the Empress of is our annoyance,” Max said.

“Yea!” Steel agreed.

“Along with the fact that Violet tends to be the Master of Universes, “Alyssa cut in.

Violet didn’t say anything from the belt. Being a master and a traveler are two different things.

“You heroes think your winning, but I have a bigger plan in store. In the end I will succeed. Until we meet again champions,” Laizen said.

The voice stopped as quickly as it had begun. The bots began to become energy wisps just like they did yesterday, leaving all but the six of us in the park.

“Laizen,” I murmured under my breath.

She knew how to get us out of her. She could get us home. I suddenly felt a familiar blast of air. I turned behind me to see a N-tek jump jet behind me. The hatched open. Commander Forge, Cytro, and half a dozen N-tek soldiers came running out to find that the problem had been taken care of.

“Took you long enough,” said Steel unhappy at the late arrival.

Everyone came out except for Cytro. The N-tek soldiers dispersed into the battle field while Commander Forged approached us.

“Status report?” Commander Forge asked Max ignoring Steel.

“We got everyone evacuated in time. Nobody was injured,” Max replied.

“Good,” answered Forge,” Who caused it?”

“We found out that the person that caused the attack calls herself Laizen,” I interrupted,” We don’t know what she is up too, but whatever her plan is, it requires all of us.”

“You two must be the girls who helped Max with the attack yesterday” The commander said glaring at me and Alyssa.

“Yes sir,” I answered.

I released my electric mode returning to my regular suit. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Alyssa’s katanas fade away.

“I have questions for you two,” he said.

I could feel his glare on me trying to decide weather to trust me or not. I was used to it. I even did it myself when I was younger....after the attack. You never knew who you could trust sometimes.

“We would be happy to try and answer,” Silver said linking out of my suit.

“You have an Ultra-link?” The commander asking shockingly.