Rescue Mission GO! -Chapter 28 (CFH)

-------

N-tek Base

-------

{Max's POV}

I knew the pressure of being a hero. If I had a nickel for every time I had been late to class, forgot an assignment or stood up Sydney, I would be a millionaire by now.

"Think Alyssa is going to be alright?" I asked Steel as we did our patrol.

"I think she'll be fine, but hey, I don't know anything that goes on it that girl's head," my partner replied.

"Got that right."

"I would be more focused on Kalila right now," Berto butted in through the coms.

"Why's that?"

"I have a feeling Laizen not only wanted her captured to keep her out of her way but to use her and Silver for something," Uncle Ferrus deducted, using the coms.

"We have gotten hints that Laizen wanted to teleport Alyssa and Kalila to her instead of Copper Canyon," Steel said rubbing his chin.

"Trap maybe?" Max suggested.

"That may explain why I am still picking up Kalila's energy signature in the lower mesosphere," Berto said.

"Laizen can't really think we would fall into that right?" Steel asked.

"We have no choice. Kalila needs help," I said, determined.

"Laizen is going to know we are coming so we don't have the element of surprise. We are going to have to be with quick and cautious."

"Did I miss anything?" Asked Alyssa clearly looking like she had waken up from a nap.

"It's rescue mission time," Steel said I almost a sing-song type of way.

"You found Kalila?" Asked Violet who was floating by her partner.

"Yea but Laizen isn't masking it so we know it's a trap," I responded before turning my attention to Alyssa," Will you be fine?"

"Kalila wouldn't be in this mess if it wasn't for my stupid plan, my stupid blaster and getting stuck in a stupid wall. I owe it to help her."

-------

Earth's Atmosphere

-------

{Max's POV}

"We'll draw their fire, like a head on assault while you and UltraViolet get inside," my Uncle Forge told me from the jump jet's chair.

Steel and I were currently in the back with Alyssa and Violet, ready for the bay doors to open and let us out.

"ETA 1 minute," I heard Jefferson say over the coms.

"Be Ready for anything," Uncle Ferrus started talking again," We have no idea what this is going to be like."

"Understood Uncle Ferrus."