Chapter One

A girl was working diligently on her homework. There was so much work for her to do in such little time. Math, which she despised the most and was the hardest for her to understand, English, history, and much more. She had school the next day, and all of her assignments were due when she stepped into each of her classrooms. Because of this and other things that she had been going through for a while now, she barely had any time for herself.

There was no time to write fictional stories about a mysterious town with a weird name. She could not hang out with the few people who were her true friends.

And she could not find herself a boy to be her boyfriend.

Despite what jealous people and her classmates had said to her in the past, she was straight and not ashamed. She was a child of the Lord and only cared about making her Lord and Savior proud.

Surprisingly, she was the most popular girl in school. She did not know how she reached such popularity, but that is why she had haters and people who were jealous of her. Let us just say that these people hated - yes, hated - what she believed. Christianity. But the girl did not let that bother her. She knew from the bottom of her heart that they were of the real world and did not want to learn the truth.

"They would rather live a lie," she would always remind her best friends who stood up for her.

The girl never cared about being popular. She did not like being the center of attention. To make things worse for her, she was a very beautiful lady, so it was not a surprise that all the boys in her school would ask her out without hesitation. However, she declined each and every one of them. Most of the boys were not or did not want to be a Christian, and some even asked her to give up on her religion.

"Christianity is not a religion," she always said with a smirk on her face. "It is my truth. The whole truth. And why do you demand me to change when I never ask you the same?"

None of the boys knew how to answer her question, but that did not mean that they gave up on her going out on her first date with possibly one of them.

The girl has to be honest with you readers. Unlike with most girls, especially the popular ones, she had no interest in dating, having a boyfriend, or even marriage. She was happy - very joyful - at being single. What she needed were God and the ones who truly loved her. That was all.

But all of that changed in a week. In one single night.

When she was murdered.

There was a boy around her age who had recently started attending her school. His name was Chad Pals, and there was no doubt in his mind that he and the girl were meant to be together.

"Jennifer. Jennifer Cross," Chad said.

This bothered the girl a bit because that was her full name. Jennifer Cross.

And...how did he know that was her name?

She sighed and looked at him. She honestly did not want to deal with him.

"What do you want?"

She had a hunch that he was like the other boys and desired to ask her out on a date, but he was worse. Too bad that she did not know how bad he was ahead of time.

"I would like you to be my girlfriend," he replied in a raspy voice.

Jennifer was already getting a creepy vibe from him. His skin was pale. Pale as if he were a zombie. His hair was messed up. His clothes were wrinkly, and there were bags under his eyes, like he had not gotten any sleep for a day. Possibly more.

She decided to be done with this guy and said, "Sorry. I have no interest right now."

The next statement that he said sent a chill down her spine.

"I was not asking you. You are going to be my girlfriend."

Jennifer cried out as he suddenly grabbed her wrist. She managed to jerk free from his grasp and ran out of the school and to her house. Thankfully, school was done for the day. But unfortunately for her, nobody was in the hallways when Chad had touched her.

She sighed once again and hoped that somebody would believe her.

It was now getting towards the end of the week. One more day of school until the weekend.

Jennifer had done the right thing and told her parents what happened. Sadly, they did not take her claim seriously and said that Chad was only playing, seeing that she was popular.

Nothing else happened for the next couple of days, so she thought that Chad had gotten the message and left her alone. And maybe her mom and dad were right. Maybe he was just messing with her.

It was dark outside when Jennifer had finally finished all of her work. Her parents had left an hour ago for a meeting and would be back as soon as possible.

But this would be the last time that she would talk with her parents and do her homework.

She had put away her homework and was getting ready for bed when she heard a loud noise.

Creak!

She gulped and realized that it was coming from downstairs. Feet pressing against the floorboards.

Her gut told her that it was neither her mom nor her dad, and she panicked.

Who was down there?

She hurried to her bedroom door and was about to shut it and lock it, when a knife appeared out of the darkness of the hall and pierced through her chest.

She screamed in agony, and a figure stepped into her room.

It was Chad. Chad had murdered her.