.6.

It's been a week since the accident, and I am now out of the hospital. Sweet Pea and I had our date and several others. My dad quite enjoys the male company from Sweet Pea. Mostly because I refuse to watch sports with him. I also went to church, and Sweet Pea, of course, has still been going with me. It bothered me because the Blackhood hasn't been caught. He even tormented us, "the sinners" as we are called. How stupid is this guy? He kills people VIOLENTLY, and we are the sinners?! How does that make sense? This guy is nuts, and I think everyone else can agree with me.

Right now, I am at Southside High, sitting through a boring lecture of WW2. The event itself is exciting to study, but this teacher makes it seem like the least important event in history. Sweet Pea taps in my back with his fingers like sticks on a drum. For me, it was like a weird, little massage, and I quite enjoyed it. He would go from playing with hair to tapping me to throwing papers over my shoulder with little doodles. He wasn't the best artist, but they weren't bad and were cute. If it were up to him, I would ditch with him, but my right girl attitude always convinces him to stay with me. Although now, I am considering ditching this period with him.

The teacher hands out a worksheet and asks us to complete it before the bell. I pop the white, glossed, earphone into my ear, and put my music on. Sweet Pea created a playlist for me to listen to. The first song in the track was 'a drop in the ocean' by Ron Pope. I loved this song, and it was simple enough. The words flowed through my brain, and I began ignoring the world around me. I even ignored Sweet Pea' s tapping. It wasn't until Toni, Fangs, and Sweets stood in front of me, that I also realized that the bell had rung. I was still writing notes with the song stuck on repeat.

I saw Toni's fingers wave in front of my face, which was what caught my attention. "Ana! The bell rang."

"Oh! Sorry guys! I am so out of it. I was listening to my new playlist."

"It is hypnotic." Fangs said, laughing at me.

"Yea, I guess so," I said, laughing with him.

I packed my things and put my backpack over my right shoulder. Sweets fingers laced with mine, and he led the way as we all walked out of history.

It was lunchtime, and nothing on the menu today was remotely appealing, so I just didn't eat. Toni pulled me to the side from the table we sat at.

"What is it, T?"

"You two are so cute together! Have you made it official."

"No. Haven't even thought about it." I heard my phone ringing and quickly took the call, whispering to Toni to hold on. "Yes, dad?" I asked, answering the call surprized.

"Where are you?" He asked, scared.

"Ummm... school," I said, looking around at my current placement.

"Okay, you need to listen to me, you can't come home! Got it, Daisy? No matter what, you can't come home! Go with Sweet Pea! Go with Archie or Veronica, just stay away from here!"

"What?! What is going in, dad?"

"If I tell you, you will come home. I will bring a bag if your clothes to you. Just promise me baby that you won't come to the trailer and won't go anywhere alone!"

"I promise. I love you, dad."

"I love you too, Daisy."

He hung up immediately, and I was left not only concerned for my father, but I was scared for what he could mean. He didn't explain anything, and that scared me. He knew I wasn't dumb enough not to investigate this, but he also knew I wasn't a bad kid, and I always kept my promise, even when I didn't want to.

Toni could tell I was upset and, of course, asked me why.

"My dad doesn't want me to come home. But he... I don't know. He seems upset and scared and so many other things. Can you go with me to the office to get my clothes?"

"He's dropping them off here?"

"Yea."

"Well, I have nothing better to do. What the hell." Her fingers were tucked into her back pockets as she said this calmly.

"Thank you so much!"

The bell rang, and we went to our next class. Toni was in this class with me. She sat a few rows over, but we always found a way to communicate.

The phone rang 13 minutes into class, and the teacher gave me the okay to go. Toni walked out with me, and we went to the office. When we got there, Veronica was there waiting for me.

"V? What are you doing here? Where is my dad?"

"I don't know where he is, but he called me and asked me to come and bring some clothes over for you. He also asked me if you would be able to stay at my house, so if you want to, you can."

"Thanks, V. I will take meet you at the Pembrook later on then."

"Okay," V said, smiling and walking over to hug me. "He is safe. I promise you, and he will be okay." She turned and walked out.

"Why does your dad have her number?" Toni skeptically asked.

"He has all my friends numbers in case of emergency or if he can't get a hold of me."

"Makes sense."

We returned to class after a few minutes. The day felt like it went slower than a slug after that. I couldn't stop worrying about my dad and why he didn't brink my clothes to me. Was it that bad? What could have possibly happened?

The day eventually did end, and I met Sweet Pea by his bike. I must have looked stressed because he made a point to tell me and ask me why.

"My dad. Something is up with him. He doesn't want me to come home."

"You can stay at my place then."

"Pea, he already asked Veronica, and I told her I would stay there. But tomorrow I can spend the night with you." I said, grabbing his face and looking at him. He pulled me into a hug and then kissed me—our first kiss. There were stars, and I could have sworn I was floating. It all faded out when I heard Veronica' s limo approach. I turned to Pea and kissed him on his forehead, hugged him, and walked away.

"You guys are cute," Veronica said to me. I guess we were, but we weren't anything other than friends with benefits. Or were we secretly more?