.13.

Veronica walked into the little hall that my Serpent friends and Kevin were in. She introduced herself, and Josie did as well. It made me feel like everything would be alright. Of course, I knew that Veronica was going to be kind to them since she wanted them to feel welcome. I was not opposed to this new Veronica. 

"I don't think we have met properly. I'm Veronica Lodge." Roni said, extending her hand to Toni, who sat on her right side.

"Of the park avenue, Lodges." Jug said, putting a potato chip in his mouth.

"Toni. Topaz."

"Oh, like the purple-colored gemstone. Love it." Veronica replied.

"And I'm Josie McCoy. Formerly of the Pussycats and now just Josie." She said the last part hesitantly, and I knew it was killing her not to be with her group anymore. "And this is Kevin."

Kevin looked over at Fangs and asked, "What's your name?"

"Fogarty. Or you can call me Fangs. Your last name's Keller, right?"

"How did you know that?"

"Joaquin and I used to hang out. He talked about you all the time."

Kevin raised his eyebrow at fangs. "Wow! Way to flirt Fangs." I said, chuckling at what my friend had just done. I felt like I knew what he was doing, but I couldn't be so sure.

Weatherbee's voice boomed through the room as he came in and gave us this look that purely scared me. "You guys! Yes, come with me! Now!"

We all followed him out into the hallway and found Reggie with the bulldogs behind him. I saw something green on the seal, but couldn't make out what it was. Whatever it was, Reggie had something to do with it. I was sure of it.

Weatherbee turned to the group of us and accused us of defacing school property. "Which one of you defaced our school seal with this graffiti?"

"This is what they do, Principal Weatherbee. They tag their turf." Reggie said, and I couldn't be any more disgusted by his accusations. Plus, if a Serpent were to draw the snake, it would have been ten times better than this one that looked like it was googled and printed by the hands of a bulldog. Specifically, Reggie. Why was he after us? Yes, I said to us. If he even remotely cared for me, he wouldn't get me into trouble. Then again, he can be self-centered and will do anything to get his way, also if it means bringing a friend down.

"Screw you, Reggie!" I said, throwing out my anger, and I didn't care that Weatherbee could hear me, let alone that I might get detention because he would assume it was me.

"My god, Reggie, could you be any more transparent?" Roni asked. He nodded his head, yes. What an idiot!

"Effective immediately, no gang behavior of any kind will be tolerated at my school. As of this moment, no more Serpent jackets."

"What?"

"Are you kidding me?"

"No more Serpent jackets!"

"All tattoos are going to be covered. Possession of gang paraphernalia whatsoever will lead to immediate expulsion. Are we clear?" Weatherbee demanded more than asked us this. Reggie defaces the seal, and we catch fire for it.

We walked away. 

Sweet Pea and I decide to ditch all of our classes for today. We went to Pop's and ordered shakes. I got my French fries on the side, and Sweet Pea went for an omelet. He has loved breakfast for lunch as of late.

"I can't believe Reggie would do this! I mean, I can because that is just how he is, but why would he do this knowing I would also catch fire for it? I thought me being in the Serpents would make him a little more accepting of what we are. I guess I was wrong about him. I thought I knew him well enough or the best! I guess not. I don't know anyone anymore. I knew my mom, but she is dead. My dad is protecting me from ending up in the Ghoulies and is trying to get them off my back. That seems like my dad. But, Reggie? He is my best friend. I thought of anyone he would have been at that table when we walked in and not to oppose us with Cheryl. He has changed a lot. Or he is doing this to me because I am dating you, and he is jealous? But, when he saw me in the hospital, he seemed so happy I was okay until he saw you. That hurt was watching my best friend walkout. Great, I get the boy of my dreams, and I lose everything. My parents. My best friend. My old principal hates me. Could nothing get better for me?"

"Babe, I know that this dumbass friend of yours and you were close. If you need to talk to him, go for it. I trust you, and I love you. That is all we need. I love you with all my heart. Here, call him." He said, handing me my phone. He kept it on him because sometimes, when I am nervous, and I don't know what to do with myself, I will scroll through endless hours of pictures on Pinterest. I t has become a problem, and sometimes I won't even speak to him when this happens. He keeps it safe for me so I can talk to him. 

"Are you sure, Pea?"

"Absolutely," he said, pushing my phone in front of me.

"Thank you so much, Pea," I said, smiling at him.

I picked up the phone and called Reggie. "Hey, Reggie. Can we meet up at our old hangout?"