.8.

"You're so freaking amazing," I said. It wasn't exactly spectacular, or an 'I love you,' but it was what was on my mind. The first thing I thought of Sweet Pea was that he was attractive and everything a girl wants.

"How long have you been dying to say that?" He asked, smiling at me.

"Since the day we met."

He pulled me into another kiss and picked me up. My legs were now around his waist as he carried me to the couch. It was soft, and so was the way he put me down onto it.

He got on one knee and pulled a ring box from his pocket. I was more than confused, seeing as it looked as if he were proposing to me even though we just confirmed our relationship.

"What are you doing, sir?

"A promise ring. I got it the other day. I want to keep you safe, and I want you to be mine. This is either cliche or predictable, but I don't care! I like it. Will you accept it?"

"I promise to wear the promise ring with pride and love. As well as admiration." I said to him, turning my body, so my legs rested peacefully on the floor.

"Awesome!" Was all he could say. He took the ring and placed it around my finger.

"It's so pretty!"

"Just as beautiful as you are." I laughed at his comment, thinking to how little he wanted anything to do with me only 4 1/2 weeks ago.

"What?"

"It's funny how you didn't want to associate with me a few weeks ago, and now you are on one knee, giving me a promise ring."

"Life is funny that way."

For the rest of the day, I spent the day with Pea and Fangs at Sweetwater River. They jumped in and out of the water and played like children. I was bible studying when Pea came and jumped on me. He was wet. Dripping wet, and he dripped onto the pages of my bible.

"Sir, I am studying."

"And?" He asked, smiling.

"My pages are a little; I don't know, wet now."

"Hmmm... Well, there goes that. Come on, jump in with us at least once." He gave me the puppy eyes.

Pea puppy dogged me. What? I am so... Nevermind.

"Fine," I said, pulling my dress over my head. I was in this red 1950s style bathing suit. Pea pulled me to the water and turned around, confused.

"Why did you stop?"

"I don't know." I laughed.

"Are you okay?"

I shrugged my shoulders at him. I just couldn't stop laughing. "Well, guess I have to go with method 2."

"What?" I found myself in a matter of seconds suspended above the air. Pea walked into the water with me in arms. When we got in, he threw me.

I came up and splashed him.

"Are you two done with the love fest?" Fangs asked.

"Huh? Yea." My and Pea finally finished laughing.

A few days had gone by, and I was sitting in Veronica's bedroom when she called me and told me she was going to be a little late. "What why?"

"Archie." All she said.

"What did he do?" I asked, scared.

"He sent me to fetch his gun."

"Did you?"

"Yes. But I threw-"

"No, you didn't," I said, crossing my arms.

"I did it!"

"I know you didn't throw it away."

"How do you know that?"

"I just know."

"Well, then if we are honest, no, I didn't."

"Called it!" I said, pointing to the ceiling.

"But come with me. I don't want to confront him alone."

"Since when?"

"Since now, A!"

"Fine, on my way over."

I arrived in front of Archie's house and heard someone from inside going off on him. 'I knew she didn't need me for this.'

I walked over to the door and knocked. Archie opened it and looked surprised.

"Ana!?"

"Yes? Can I come in?" He moved out of the way, let me and I saw a furious Veronica inside.

"Sorry, I got here a little later than expected."

"You did it on purpose," Veronica replied with her arms crossed, and eyes glued to a very guilty Archibald.

"Ummm... Okie then." I said, shrinking in size.

Veronica kept scolding him and only stopped when the sounds from the doorbell rang throughout the house. I walked over and opened the door to soaking bulldogs. Oh, joy.

They brought gifts of most excellent pizza inside, and the aroma filled the room in a matter of minutes. "Hey, man, we're sorry."

"It's okay, Reggie. "

The bulldogs ate in peace and joked about inside things the V and I would never understand. Then Reggie turned to me.

"So, how is it working-" He was interrupted again by the bell.

"I will get it." I walked over and opened the door to a now very shocked but still soaking Sweet Pea.

"What are you doing here?" We said in unison.

"I was called in by Roni. What are-"

Reggie came around and saw who I was talking to. "Southside scum."

"Flee-filled bulldog."

Reggie lunged at Sweet Pea, and I held him back to stop an all-out fight.

Pea saw Archie and directed his focus to him. "You think you can come to my house, put a gun in my face in front of my boys, and there wouldn't be any consequences?"

"You made a mistake, man. Bulldogs eat Serpents for lunch."

"We will see about that," Pea said, cocky and pissed. I think I can speak for everyone when I say that when Pea looks like that, it's never a good combo. We all knew what was about to happen, and sadly, I could do to stop this.