.15.

Reggie and I met up for lunch today, and it wasn't so terrible. We talked and laughed and ate, and Pea's eyes lingered on us. He was upset I sat with Reggie, but he knew he couldn't be jealous, notably after I defended him to Reggie during the time we spent together, and yes I told Pea what we talked about. I have nothing to hide.

"Your boyfriend seems cool with us eating together," Reggie said, putting a carrot up to his lips and used his sarcasm to humor me.

"I told you he was cool."

"Not what I... never mind. We up for studying after school today?"

"Can Pea come?" Reggie looked over my shoulder at Pea and took a massive breath before responding.

"He does anything or says anything to me that isn't about history, and I'm kicking his ass."

"Thank you!" I jumped up and hugged him. "But, for the record, he won't do anything to you, and you're not kicking his ass."

The bell rang, and we threw our trash away. Pea walked over to Reggie, and I was visibly tenser. I hope this doesn't become a macho man showdown.

"Calm down," I said to Reggie, trying to ease the tension they both were creating. "So, we are having a study session tonight, and you are coming." Pea looked at me and knew I wasn't asking.

"Where at?" Pea asked. I looked at Reggie with very telling eyes.

"No! We are not going there, Ana! Not in a million years will anyone ever go there and especially not a Serpent." Pea looked at Reggie like he wanted to fight, but resisted.

"Reggie!" I huffed, and he rolled his eyes.

"We have this place down by the river. Meet us there." Reggie said, annoyed.

"That doesn't tell me where it is," Pea said plainly and just as annoyed.

"I don't know what to tell you. Figure it out." I smacked Reggie on his chest.

"Stop it!" I said, pointing the finger at him. He looked at me and just turned around.

We finally parted ways, and each one of us went to our 5th period angry and stressed. I took out a paper and pen and copied down the notes that my teacher left for us on the board. I knew it was going to take a while, so I began to copy it down as soon as possible. Archie came and sat in front of me. My hand started aching, and Archie could tell I was stressed because my handwriting grew increasingly worst.

"Are you okay, Ana?"

"No. Reggie hates Pea, and before you defend him, need I remind you about that night?" I asked, referring to the night he sprayed the Southside with a red X, marking his territory. 

"Okay, well, umm... I don't know how to help you. I want to, but don't know how."

"I wish there was a way to force them to work together."

"Question, do you know how Sweet Pea is at basketball?"

"No, why?"

"Sports is a good way to force someone together. That's how Roni forced Mr. Lodge and me to get along."

"Doesn't he still hate you?" I asked.

"Well, I'm getting somewhere with him, which is moreover my point. Just think about it."

I thought about it and considered the possibility that this might just work. How could it not? I mean, Archie has a point. In sports, you have to work as a team, and even though I am finding a loophole to force them to work together, it works, which is kind of sad. But, if it doesn't work, I just ruined Reggie's favorite sport and a chance for them both to get along. This could go one of two ways: Reggie and Pea will get along, and it will be happy ever after, or this will go 100% south, and nothing about this plan will work. I had the biggest hopes, and at times like this, they were useful. I was confident this could work. I was positive it was a good idea. Although I also have some of the worst anxiety, and it is harder to be hopeful with anxiety. 

The bell dismissed us for yet another boring lecture that was bound to be less pleasant and much more dreadful than the simple metrics of the last lesson I was in. I was lost in my head and planning away for my best friend and boyfriend to get along when I ran into Josie.

"Hey, girlie. You look stressed." Josie said honestly.

"I am. Do you think in your honest opinion that sports could bring two people together?" I asked.

"That is a way out of the blue question, Ana. Umm... I guess it could."

"Thanks," I said, patting her shoulder and walking away. I was lost once more in my thoughts. That is until I heard the red cherry of Riverdale High, Cheryl Blossom. "Cheryl, can I ask you a question?"

"Sure." She said, turning from her locker to face me. "Oh, Ana, you look so pale. Whatever could be the matter?" Her hands felt cold on my skin as she rubbed my arm in comfort.

"Pea and Reggie are still feuding, and I am doing everything in my power to get them to come together and be friendly, but nothing seems to work. I have created 56 different ideas, and every one of them seems to be a waste of time even to try out. In your Cheryl Blossom experience, what is the best way to go?" I asked; some would say a bit dramatic and tired. My words proved to be lazy in explaining, and I didn't have an ounce in me to try harder to explain.

"Well, I can't say honestly. Have them talk to each other and have them get to know each other. That is my best advice, but I know you, and I know you asked someone else. What did they say?"

"I asked Archie, and he said sports."

"Typical. Anyone else?"

"I just asked Josie if she thought it could work."

"And?"

"She said, 'I guess.' Not entirely convincing."

"Well, I would think that Archie would know Reggie better in a case as grave like this one. Listen to his idea, and if all else fails, let them feud. You can't bring two enemies together who already have it determined in their minds that they hate each other."