Chapter 3

Thwoks heart was POUNDING out of its chest as it watched the silhouette from before dash right towards it. Thwok quickly snapped out of its daze and without hesitation, made a RUN FOR IT. Everything was silenced other than its heavy breathing and the deep, rapid squeaking of the wooden planks they both raced on. It ignored the painful shocks of each random pencil it stepped on as they jabbed its feet like tiny rough bricks. It didn't matter, though. In fact, nothing mattered more than leaving this hellhole they called a lab. As it gazed forward, it felt like it witnessed the golden gates of freedom itself as the hallway revealed the literal light at the end of the tunnel. Everything around them gradually brightened while the space around them grew. The exit was just ahead! The uninvited visitor was right behind Thwok, their heavy breathing puffing onto its back. It felt the air rush around behind it as they tried to grasp its shoulder, swinging their arm around behind it. Thwok, huffing and puffing in a sweat, desperately reached for the rusty doorknob, filled with GLEE that it's almost free. Alas, the joy shortly died off. It's pupils shrunk in shock as it realized it's left foot rest on something slimy... its own tongue. It started to trip. Everything... time... motion... it all slowed down as Thwok fell, its head falling directly over the doorknob.

BANG!

The Thwok plopped to the ground, motionless, silent. Everything went dark.

...And everything was quiet once more.