~Chapter Sixteen~ Skye

The next few days leading towards the Gathering I spend on a horseback together with Jamie.
It was all in the plan, tonight on the night of the Gathering, as the men said their oaths to Colum, I would sneak away, take Cluaran and leave.
Jamie had pointed me ways and let me drive roads away from the Castle towards Cranesmuir or the other direction, the way we arrived here.
Ailsa looked buzzing and happy, but that was probably because her wedding was in 4 days, so she spended less time with me then before, so I spented time with Geilis in the gardens of the castle, who teached me all of the medical uses of herbs. She was a kind woman but something screamed inside of me not to trust her.
"Whit aboot 'his?" Ailsa showed me a dress and I looked confused at her. "For the Gathering and my wedding silly," she laughed.
"It's perfect," it stung, I was not going to be there on her wedding day, if my plan carried out nicely. "Is it not stealing away the attetion from you?"
"Ah dinnae think so, otherwise tis ainlie Jamie's attetion,' she laughed.
"I think not," I looked outside. "Is he not in a relationship with Laoghaire?"
Aisla looked at me and then bursted out in laughter. "Hell na, Jamie 'n' Laoghaire? Definitely nae, that insae happening in a million year," she wiped away the tears.
"But I saw them kiss, last week," I told her and she started to laugh even more.
"Jamie likely kissed her tae not hurt her feelin's, bit he would ne'er fall in love wi' her, she is wey tae childish," she sat down. "Urr ye jealous o' mah wee sister?"
"No, definitely not," I spoke soon. "He is nice and kind but he is better of with somebody from here."
"Yer sounding noo lik' a lassie wha is arse over tit in love wi' somebody," she smiled at my direction. "Jamie insae better o' wi' somebody 'ere, jamie is better o' wi' a women that respects him," she stood up again and stood behind me to braid my hair. "'n' that woman, is ye Lassie," I almost choked in my wine but hide it behind a cough.
Yes I liked Jamie but not in a way that I was in love with him. He felt more like a big brother or a good friend. Not as a suitable husband.
And besides that, I would leave tonight, I closed my eyes and dreamed that by the this time tomorrow I would be back home after three weeks away.

"So yer dane," Ailsa stepped back and I turned towards the mirror to look at myself.

"It's beautiful Aisla." I said as I turned around.
"I ken, noo came," she pulled me with her as we walked to the hall. It was sunset and only a few hours away until the oath ceremony.
I planned to watch one because I was curious of what happend and then I would sneak away.
Aisla pulled me on the dance floor and before I knew I danced the ceilidh with anyone in the room.
As I twirled around I noticed that I didn't saw Jamie anywhere near here.
"Where is Jamie," I asked Ailsa as I took her arm for a spin.
"He isn't going tae be 'ere tonight," she said as she letted my arm go and took the arm of Lachlan.
The moment the music stopped Ailsa took me upstairs to get a good spot.
Before the oath ceremony started there was a lot of talking in Gaelic from Colum's side and then it was the time for Dougal to be the first.
I didn't understand what they said in Gaelic but it sounded serious, as soon as Dougal bended I backed of.
"I'm sorry," I laid my hands on my stomach. "I think I ate something wrong, so I go back to my room,"
Ailsa turned around worried. "Should I go with ye?"
"I'm fine Aisla, see you tomorrow," before she could react I walked away.
I walked down the stairs into the hallway that lead to the exit. Nobody was around here at this time so I sneaked suprisingly easy away.
I looked over my shoulder as I opened the door.
I found blindly the way to the stables, nobody tried to stop me and it was almost to good to be true. I carefully opened the stabledoors. I saw both Old and young Alec at the gathering so I didn't expect anybody here.
Cluaran stood in the last box and with soft steps I walked towards her. almost there I stumbeld over something, fell over and landed with my back in the hay as a black figure craweld over me.