Chapter 8

Dinah's POV

I could see Camila approaching the door to the wood shop room. I couldn't believe it had been a week since our little jam session when we first heard each other sing. We sat at our normal dilapidated table we had sat at everyday since the first day we met.

I was shocked that I had arrived at class before she had. 

"Hey Dinah!" Camila shrieked as she ran over to the table I occupied.

"Aye yo Mila! Come sit down. I was worried you would never show up," I added.

Camila did as she was told and took a seat next to Dinah. Her hair was in a fishtail braid which fell on her right shoulder. 

"So in the morning I ran into Phillip. He is the drummer from 'Those Kids' and he is super nice," Camila started.

"Don't tell me you want to try out for that band?"

"Why? Should I not? I didn't want to upset you by trying out without telling you.." Camila sounded conflicted.

"You don't have to tell me if you're trying out or not. We can always have jam sessions whenever. I am just saying Phil is a bit of a player if you know what I mean. I'm sure you have dated a few of those by now. The band is really good, but some of the members are a bit harsh. I was going to try out for lead singer last year, but I backed out," I explained.

"Oh. I thought he was really nice, but he's probably like that with everyone. I think I'll try out and see how it goes. Why didn't you try out last year?" Camila wondered.

"Phil is a really nice guy and he may have changed since his last girlfriend. None of his ex girlfriends seem to complain. He just dates a lot of people in a short amount of time," I tried to come up with an explanation. 

"Oh, I getcha. But why didn't you try out?" 

"I watched the try outs and their lead singer now was there. She tried out and I heard her voice. That's what happened. Sorry if that came out a little rude. She is just so freaking amazing and I kind of backed out," I explained a little ashamed.

"Dinah I bet you are just as good as her," Camila countered.

I could see she was confused why I didn't try out. Looking back I am happy I didn't because it really wasn't the time and the band members kind of still bother me. 

"It's hard to explain I guess. It's over now, though. If you want to try out, go for it! I will support you with whatever choice you make,"  I tried to sound as encouraging as possible.

"Thanks. So..who is the lead singer anyway?" Camila pondered.

I could tell she had absolutely no idea who the lead singer was and she seemed quite interested strangely.

"Lauren Jauregui. I swear the girl is going to be the next Lana Del Rey or something."

Camila's POV

I imagined how my audition would go and if I would meet this Lauren girl. All I knew was that it was coming up fast and I had already thought of an audition song. I was planning on singing as well so they could hear my other apparent talent.

I kept replaying how I thought it would go in my head before realizing I had been daydreaming for awhile and never had actually answered Dinah.

"Oh. She seems cool," I tried to sound as calm as possible.

I had exactly two hours until my audition and the truth is; I couldn't wait.