FOURTEEN

Yoongi woke up to the smell of breakfast and an empty bed. Worried Jimin had disappeared on him, Yoongi hurriedly got up and rushed to the kitchen.

Rather than seeing Ms Min cooking, which had been what Yoongi had expected to see, Yoongi found Jimin cooking breakfast. Jimin looked up slightly when he heard Yoongi rush in.

"Your mum had to go, she had some meeting she said. I made breakfast." Jimin gestured at the table and Yoongi's eyes widened at what was spread across it. Soup, rice and multiple side dishes were laid out. "I made enough for you and your mum, when she gets back."

"You're not eating?" Yoongi asked with one eyebrow raised, though he already knew the answer. Jimin shook his head.

"I'm not really hungry." Yoongi grew concerned, remembering the red flags mentioned in the website he'd read last night.

Cooking elaborate meals for others but refusing to eat.

"Will you at least sit with me?" Yoongi asked and Jimin nodded, pulling on his sweater sleeve as he walked over to the table.

Yoongi felt slightly uncomfortable being the only one eating, but he ate anyway. The food was good, and the fact that Jimin had made it for him just made it better.

"Here, eat some. For me." Yoongi said, lifting a piece of kimchi up in his chopsticks. He pouted as he let it hover in front of Jimin's lips, who sighed and after a glance at Yoongi, parted his lips. Yoongi smiled triumphantly as he fed Jimin, and then continued to eat his breakfast.

Jimin played with the spoon that was hidden in his sleeve, feeling guilty for taking it. He placed his hand on the table and let it slid on to the table. The noise got Yoongi's attention, who looked at the spoon and then up at Jimin.

"Sorry." Jimin said quietly. He then adjusted the spoon so it was lying straight and not on an angle.

"Have you ever thought about getting help?" Yoongi asked, not meaning to be so blunt. Jimin nodded, not looking up from the spoon. "Why don't you?"

"They'll send me away." Jimin said quietly, his blinking rate increasing as he stared intensely at the spoon. "I'll go to jail or something, I don't want to be arrested.*"

"They won't arrest you, they can't arrest you because you've got kleptomania." Yoongi reached out and touched Jimin's hand, who instantly withdrew it from the table and placed it on his lap. "Would you at least try once?"

"I can't. And it'd be pointless anyway."

"Why would it be pointless?" Yoongi asked, frowning slightly.

"Because I'm never going to get better."

-

"Hyung, do you think I'm fat?" Jimin asked randomly in the middle of a movie, after spending most of it looking down at his own body. Yoongi frowned, drawing his gaze away from the movie to look at Jimin. "I mean, look at all this fat on me."

Jimin pinched at his waist, pulling barely any fat away. Yoongi took Jimin's hand and pulled it away from his body, shaking his head.

"If I'm completely honest with you, Jimin, you're skinny to the point that it scares me." Yoongi said, making Jimin frown in confusion. He didn't trust Yoongi, he might've just been trying to make him feel better. "I mean, there's barely any fat on you. If you're fat, then I must be obese or something."

"You're not fat, you look fine." Jimin said, reaching out and touching Yoongi's flat stomach. He then he touched his own stomach.

"Jimin, please believe me when I say you're not fat." Yoongi took Jimin's hands in his own and Jimin looked up at him. "Do you trust me?"

Jimin shook his head.

-

-

-
*Many people who may have kleptomania don't want to seek treatment because they're afraid they'll be arrested or jailed.