THREE

After spending the rest of the evening feeling guilty, Jimin snuck back into the room that he'd stolen the sock from. He'd planned to just drop the sock and run, but that of course wasn't how it turned out.

The door was unlocked when Jimin found the room, and he quietly opened it. It was silent inside and, upon further investigation, empty. Jimin chucked the sock into the room, before getting worried that the person who lived there might notice it and realise someone had been there, so he walked inside and put it back where he'd originally grabbed it from. He didn't really have to do that, because Yoongi had completely ransacked the place after searching for that exact sock.

On his way out, Jimin tripped on something and went crashing to the floor. As he lay there, groaning because he'd landed on some small and painfully hard thing, Jimin came face to face with a pair of shoes. A pair of white converses, to be exact.

Jimin stared at these shoes as he pulled out whatever he was laying on from out beneath him. He lifted the thing to his face, and quickly threw it away when he realised it was lube. He then continued to stare at the shoes.

He sat up slowly, picking up the shoes and staring at them. The shoes had never been wore (he assumed this because they still had the label on them), and apparently cost a lot. Jimin was about to put the shoes back down and leave, not having the desire to steal them because he'd already satisfied his kleptomania for the time, the door swung open to reveal the tired owner of the room.

Yoongi, at first, didn't notice the stranger sitting on his floor. He was too tired, having spent the whole evening wishing he was somewhere else and openly checking out the waiters as they walked past. But then he tripped over Jimin and realised that there was something - or someone in this case - there.

"What..." Yoongi groaned, frowning as he stared at the dark silhouette of a very panicked Jimin.

"I'm so sorry. You see, when I was here earlier, I didn't realise but one of your socks got caught on my shoe and I carried it all the way to my room, and I didn't realise till now so I thought I better return it but you weren't here and I put it back, but then I tripped and fell and then you walked in." Jimin rambled, making Yoongi frown as he struggled to keep up with the boy.

"Then why are you holding my shoes?" Yoongi asked, noticing the converses still in Jimin's hands.

"I tripped on them." There was silence as Yoongi continued to stare at Jimin, before getting up and turning on the light. Jimin flinched as the light momentarily blinded him, and Yoongi walked over and sat down on his bed.

"You can steal them if you want..." Yoongi said as he stared at Jimin, resting his chin on the palm of his hand. "I don't even like them."

"I wasn't stealing them." Jimin responded quickly.

"You stole my pen, you stole my socks, you lied terribly each time you did... Dude, I'm not stupid." Jimin's cheeks began to turn red as he slowly prepared himself for the judgement that was soon to follow. "My cousin has this thing, I forgot what it's called, but basically my parents always told me I shouldn't judge her because she constantly stole my things. Um... It started with a 'c' or a 'k'... But basically, I know whatever it is when I see it."

"Kleptomania?" Jimin asked hopefully, and Yoongi clicked his fingers at Jimin, nodding.

"That's it, kleptomania!" He grinned. "You can steal the shoes if you want, I don't want them. I hate converse." Jimin looked down at the shoes, and then back up at Yoongi, before placing the shoes back on the floor.

"I wasn't stealing them, I was just returning a sock." He said, standing up. "Sorry for accidentally taking your sock."

And then Jimin hurried out of the room, because although being known for having kleptomania was probably better than being known as a thief, Jimin just wanted everyone to believe he was normal and that there wasn't something wrong with him. So instead, he just followed his usual tactic of 'deny, deny, deny'.

-

-

-