$14

The next morning I was awoken by a very confused Finley. I slowly opened my eyes to see Finley sitting up and looking around the room. She looked down at me, and I gave her a soft smile; but she didn’t smile back. All she did was furrow those perfect brows of hers at me. “What happened last night,” she asked clueless. I gave Finley a blank stare as I thought over my choices. I could lie to Finley and tell her that she just had a few too many drinks, or I could fess up and tell her the truth. Honestly, I was too tired to muster up a lie, even a very simple one; so I decided to just tell the truth. She’d find out from Alfie, Gavin or someone else sooner than later anyways. I might as well face the storm now. There’s no reason to stick it out. “Jersey…”

“You may have ate a couple of my special brownies,” I replied tiredly. Finley quirked up one of her brows at me. She still didn’t get what the hell happened. I guess I had to be blunter about the situation. “I kind of got you high. My special brownies are pot brownies. You were stoned off your fucking ass last night. You claimed that you saw Michael Jackson, and at one point you were acting like a dog. You ended up cuddling with me and just falling asleep, though. You didn’t do anything too embarrassing. I mean, you showed off some pretty horrible dance moves but other than that…” I trailed off, not sure where else to go with the sentence. Finley were just staring at me with a surprised face. Her mouth was wide open, and so were her eyes. She was sitting up on the bed with her hands on her hips. “If it makes you feel any better, I don’t think I ever want to see you high again. You’re fucking crazy when you’re high.”

“You fucking asshole,” Finley screamed to the top of the lungs. She took one of her hands off her hips, and smacked me on the side of the head. “Did you think that would be funny?! It’s not fucking funny Jersey! You got me high without my permission! I should report you to the police! You’re unbelievable.” I stared blankly at the overdramatic Finley. She really couldn’t be serious. Finley and I had a stare off for about a full minute then all of a sudden Finley started giggling. “I really can’t believe you did that. Was I really acting crazy?”

I laughed a bit, relieved that she wasn’t actually mad. “Hell yeah. Do you know how I knew you were really high?” Finley beckoned me to continue talking. “Well, you kissed me. You wouldn’t do that while you were sober, not without a little persuasion at least.” Finley’s cheeks flushed and she timidly looked down at the bed sheets. “Don’t worry. The kiss was really good. It was really soft, and light, it was quick; but it was good.”

Finley sighed as she moved to get up from the bed. “Well, Jersey, I’m glad you enjoyed getting me high. I’m glad I entertained you throughout the night, but you won’t go unpunished.” I groaned and covered my eyes with my hands. What the hell did she have up her sleeve? “Since you thought it’d be funny to get me high without my consent, why don’t you join me for my morning workout in your gym this morning?” I wanted to fucking kill myself. The gym in my penthouse was basically unused until Finley got here. Needless to say, I hated working out, especially early in the morning. “Next time you’ll think twice before you take advantage of me. Now, get ready and be in the gym by fifteen minutes.” Finley walked out of the room with no other words.

I couldn’t believe she was actually making me work out with her, and I couldn’t believe I was actually doing it. It wasn’t hard to tell that I never listened to anyone, especially not some girl I’ve known for less than two weeks. But of course, Finley had that hold on me. It was something about that girl that drove me to do stupid things, like ask her out on date. I’ve never asked out anyone on a date ever in my life. I found dates pointless, since I was always going after one thing; but for some reason I just didn’t want one thing from Finley. Sex with Finley was ideal, but it wasn’t on my list of top priorities. I just wanted to get to know her, and after I got to know her, I just wanted to make her mine. Honestly, I wanted to hold her at night, spoil her rotten, and treat her better than that Nicky bitch ever could. Never have I felt so strongly about someone.