$18

Here we were again at the tattoo shop. Everything started out like a normal day. The artists came in. My brother and Jade flirted until Alfie actually had to do his job. Jersey was annoying the hell out of everyone, even the customers. “So, how was your date with Jersey,” Jade asked me after she stopped flirting with Alfie. I furrowed my eyebrows as I turned towards her. I didn’t remember telling her anything about the date Jersey and I were having. “Gavin told me,” she confessed. “So, how did it go?”

“I mean, it was okay,” I lied. The date was more than okay, but I guess I didn’t want to tell Jade everything that happened last night. Sure, I would count her as a friend, but I just didn’t feel comfortable going into depth of what happened that night. Jade gave me a look before shaking her head.

“Just okay,” she asked in disbelief. “She didn’t feel you up or anything? You guys didn’t fuck?” I began squirming in my chair from being so uncomfortable about the situation. “Come on, Finley. Being confidential isn’t any fun. You’ve got to have a friend that you can dish all your little dirty secrets to. I would tell you how a date went with your brother.” I looked at Jade for a while. She seemed pretty genuine. I guess if I had the slightest interest in her relationship with Alfie she would tell me anything I wanted to know.

“Fine,” I said before taking a breath. I rolled the chair so I was closer to Jade. Looking around the room, I noticed no one was really paying much attention to us. There was some waiting customers glancing at us every few minutes, but that was only because they were eager for us to call them back to appoint them with their artist. “So, at first we went to the drive-in, but my ex was there.” Jade eyes widened from the news.

“No way,” she whispered.

“Yeah, so we just started driving. She asked me where I wanted to go so I told her to Georgie’s Jamboree.” The girl gave me a ‘really’ look, but I continued with the story. “We just played around, and we did a bit of skeeball. We did a bet. Whoever lost had to give the other a strip tease.” Jade gasped. “I lost. We kissed or whatever, and things got a bit heated. We went back to her place. Long story short: we had sex.”

“Ooooo,” Jade said with a bit of grin. “What was it like?”

“I thought you had sex with her before?”

“I mean every chick in this shop has.”

I sighed, and just shrugged my shoulders. “It was amazing.”

“So, are you guys together or no?”

“When have you ever known Jersey to have a girlfriend?”

“Shit changes.” Jade just stared at me for a long time before a smile crept onto my face. “Seriously, are you guys dating,” Jade’s voice raised, and I covered her mouth. She bit the inside of my hand, “You’re dating Jersey!” Everything got quiet, and when I say everything, I mean everything. People stopped talking, the artists stopped tattooing, and the only thing that was playing was the faint music.

“Jerseys’ settling down,” Jada yelled from the back.

“You’re dating my sister,” Alfie yelled to Jersey.

I turned around to see that everyone looked to be in utter shock. Jersey was just looking around like I was. Jade was giggling to herself, and so was Gavin. “Isn’t it the cutest thing ever!? You guys used to hate each other, and now you’re together,” Jade squealed. I could really choke the hell out of the girl at the moment. My cheeks were flushed since I was so embarrassed. It was quiet for a few seconds, and then everyone in the shop began laughing.

“Aye, congratulations,” Francisco yelled to the top of his lungs. This lead to a lot of cheering, and screaming.

“Well, Finley, you’ve moved on from one asshole to an even bigger asshole. How does it feel,” Alfie joked. Sure, Jersey was an asshole, but she had nothing on Nicky.