$35

The introduction of Adrian to Val had to be the most awkward thing that I ever had to do. Val wouldn’t stop staring at him. She was laughing, but she was also looking at him with amazement. She made us stand side by side and she compared us to each other. OF course, Adrian had a cocky smirk on his face. While spending some time with my brother, I learned that he was very arrogant, loud and annoying. His mouth didn’t have a filter. Mom, Dad, and Luna all said that we acted alike. Though, I didn’t see the resemblance in our personality. “You two are so pretty,” Val complimented. I frowned and Adrian smirked. “Zen’s prettier, though.”

Adrian shrugged his shoulders before walking over to the fridge. I watched as he began rummaging in it without either Val or my permission. “Who drinks Bud Light? Are you two secretly old white men? Where’s the Coronas?” Adrian complained but he grabbed a beer and popped the cap off. “So, what’s up? You said you had something to ask me.” He slammed the refrigerator door before walking over to the couch to sit down. Val gave me a look and I just shrugged my shoulders. Adrian flipped through channels with the remote as he propped his feet up on the coffee table.

“Your brother is so weird,” Val whispered in my ear. “He has a nice accent though.” I rolled my eyes. Sure, Adrian had the little French thing going on. He was basically raised in France so maybe his accent was a bit more pleasant than mine. Val went and sat down in one of the recliners and I sat down beside my brother who was drinking and watching a basketball game. Every so often he would scrunch up his face at our poor choice of beer. “So, Adrian, do you have any kids,” Val asked, setting up for the big question. I’m sure Adrian would be fine with donating his sperm to us, but with him, you never knew. I hadn’t even known him that long and he could be quite spontaneous at times.

Adrian nodded his head. “Dated this chick when I was 18, knocked her up. She gave me my oldest kid, though I barely get to see the rascal. I went to college. I was pretty young and well, as you can see, I’m still pretty handsome.” I scoffed and Adrian gave me a bit of a smirk. “I got another girl pregnant. I figured since I was so good at getting girls pregnant that I should just start giving my sperm to a sperm bank. I did that up until I was about 23, but now I’m retired.”

“Retired,” Val questioned.

“Just got tired of giving my sperm away to complete strangers,” Adrian replied lazily before topping off his beer. He threw the bottle at me and I caught it. “Give me another, will you?” I gave him a glare, but I went to throw the empty bottle away and got a new one. Over the year, every time we spent time together, I couldn’t help but to feel annoyed by him. He was cool and funny, and we would laugh and have fun, but for some reason Adrian like to tease me. I don’t know if it’s the fact that he claims he was older than me by a few minutes, or because he thought he was the ‘golden child’ since he came out a bit weird. Either way, the f-cker worked my nerves at times. I passed Adrian a new bottle and he looked from Val to me. “So, are we going to talk about why I’m here or are you guys going to keep asking me about my sperm?”

“I asked you to come here to meet Val,” I started off and Adrian nodded. “But, we both wanted to ask you if you could donate your sperm to us. We want a child that looks like the both of us. You and I are basically identical and-“

“Semi-identical. If we were basically identical, you would be just like me. You’d have a penis and small ass boobs, but you just have small ass boobs and a vagina. I have facial hair, you don’t. My voice is deeper than yours. So, we’re not basically identical. Sure, our facial features and stuff are the same but we have a lot of things different from one another.” My brother took a sip from his beer. “But, if you want a kid. I’ll be happy to lend my precious sperm to you two. You both seem like a happy couple. You have a nice place. Speaking of, can I live here? My apartment is shitty.”