Chapter 7

(Y/N)'S POV:

"And this is our home, or as everyone around here call it, the Benbow." Sarah said proudly.

My eyes widened in awe. "Wow..."

It's not as big as Doppler's house, but woah! I love the odd shape to it. I see smoke- a stone stove maybe?

Jim laughed at my reaction. "Are you just going to stare or are you coming?"

I snapped out it and my cheeks flushed light pink. "S-sorry." I lowered my gaze, I could feel them changing. I don't mind the boy seeing them, but the mother....not yet.

As Jim and I went inside, I got engulfed in what felt like a pile of metal pieces.

"OH JIMMY I KNEW THIS DAY WOULD COME!!! YOU'RE ALL GROWN UP, WHERE ARE YOUR MANNERS??? INTRODUCE YOUR GIRLFRIEND TO MEEEE!!"

Jim tried to pry off the talking metal thing of me. "B.E.N. she's not my girlfriend!! This is (y/n). She's Doc's adopted daughter."

The B.E.N. figure unlatched himself from me. I was shaking in fear, a bit. "Oh sorry about that. The last time he brought a girl here, I didn't know they were a thing. Til well I ran into them making ou-"

"Alright B.E.N. That's enough." Jim said, annoyed and embarrassed.

The metal thing laughed nervously and dashed into the kitchen saying, "See ya! My cookies are burnin'!"

Sarah laughed as she followed him. "I'll help him with the mess. Give her the guest room beside yours."

Jim groaned under his breath. "Sorry about that. B.E.N. doesn't really know personal space..."

"It's okay..." my eyes changed to orange, feeling uncomfortable.

Jim sighed as he grabbed me by the wrist and pulled me upstairs to the bedroom Sarah was talking about moments ago. "It's not much, but it's still a bedroom, and now it's yours."

I shook my head in amazement. "I think it's brilliant."

100x better than my actual bedroom! And it has a dessskk, yessss!! Oooh I'd give anything to have this room forever.

I tossed my book on the nearby, sturdy desk and sat down on the squeaky bed by the window.

Jim half smiled and walked to the door. "If you need anything, my room is next door. Mom can usually be found in the kitchen."

I said, "thank you" very quietly. No one's been this kind to me. Even Doppler hasn't been this nice!

Jim stopped in his tracks. I wonder what he's thinking about. It was just a thank you. Maybe he didn't hear me? But why would he stop if he didn't hear me?

He relaxed and opened the door, his back still towards her. "Welcome kiddo." He smirked thinking that the 'kiddo' part was funny.

Little did Jim know, I was dead silent and into thought. He left my room, thinking I was fine, and closed the door behind him.

Memories flooded in my mind.

Kiddo...

Where have I heard that from...?

Kiddo...

Uhhh...

Kiddo....

Umm...

Come're kiddo....

Is it....really...him..?

I closed my eyes. A memory of a rough, tan-looking cyborg hand reaching out to me.

Come on, kiddo, let's go home...

I opened my eyes quickly, breathing a bit hard. "..the fuck..? What was that about..??"

I got up from my bed and grabbed my sketchbook, sitting at my new desk.

I opened my sketchbook and licked my pen for it to work. I've been writing down all my powers and emotion colors, to help me out on this upcoming journey. Who knows what my powers will do, and now that I'm somewhat free...maybe I'm just overthinking.