21. Their new life

"I couldn't thank you enough for paying my education fees," says Fran for the fifteen times

David smiles and shrugs his shoulders. He only says, "That's what a boyfriend do."

Fran looks to her friends. Joe and Lotte are arguing again.

Can't they be civilized today?

It's their graduation day. Fran even wears make-up today. Looking like a young professional.

She has chosen to study law and becomes a good lawyer.

"Excuse me. I have to separate them before any of them said something regrettable..."

"Okay. I'll be talking to your Pop. He looks lonely."

Maybe because they're the same age. David and Bill have a lot to chat whenever they meet. Bill has finally accepted David as her boyfriend. Although things still felt awkward for him sometimes. Like knowing Fran and David had slept together for the first time.

Joe protests, "He shouldn't get too close to you."

Lotte asks, "Why not? He's a patient. And I'm a nurse."

Fran rolls her eyes. Finally she decides she would let them argue for a little longer. Lotte could handle him.

Lotte would be training to be a nurse. She wants to be a doctor. But she decides to study as a nurse first to generate more money for education fee. Working as a nurse before studying as a doctor. She's a tough lady, she could pull it through.

Joe seemed thrilled at first, knowing Lotte has quitted her job as an escort girl permanently.

Until a male patient clinged to Lotte too much. On her first day of training.

Now he's just a jealous teenager boy again.

Men and their wet dreams about nurses. Something about the white uniform turned them on. Joe just remembered it a bit too late.

Lotte folds her hands. She looks pissed.

"Babe, sorry, I didn't mean to underrate your new job. It's just...I'm jealous, okay? That guy looked like Ian Somerhalder..."

"That's because it's really him. He even signed my notebook."

"Really? But...I miss you, Babe. Could we not argue anymore?"

"Fine. You gotta trust me more. I only love you, Joe."

"I know. Sorry."

Kiss and make up again. Don't know how many times they have done this.

Fran rolls her eyes. As usual, her help isn't needed. They must be going home later for the great make-up sex again. Also celebration before Joe has to leave NY for college.

They are in their own world now.

Fran decides to leave them alone. Funny to think Joe used to love him. And she used to love Shawn. Now she's madly in love with David.

Shawn and his Indie band are singing on stage now. A local scout has said they got potentials. He is planning to talk to them later after performances.

A tap on her shoulder and a man asks, "How's it going, Girl?"

"I just wished she's here with us."

"Mary would be very proud of you, Fran. I know I did."

"Oh, Dad. Now you made me cry..."

"Hope that mascara is waterproof. Don't want to ruin your make up."

"Oh, Dad! You must have been talking to him..."

Everything has started the night she went as an escort girl.

She's lucky David, her first customer is a real nice guy.

Fran doesn't know what she would have felt if he's a mean client like Lotte had.

She notices someone at the far end of the party. It's time to face her fear.

Fran says to her father, "I need to talk to someone."

"Okay. I'm going to get something to eat."

The guy smiles widely when Fran walks toward him.

He says, "Joe looks happy."

"That's because he's happy. What are you doing here, Jared?"

"I'm going away. Just drop by to say goodbye."

"Goodbye. Now you could REST IN PEACE, jerk."

Jared chuckles.

He mocks, "You would be a smart lawyer one day. I have to keep your phone numbers in case I need one."

"Just stay away from trouble. My fee is too high for you."

"Goodbye, little one."

Jared leaves without turning back again. Fran returns back to the party.

She's staring to her school building when a man grabs her from behind.

"David! You scared me!"

"I don't like my pretty girlfriend talking to unknown man."

"He's Joe's big brother."

"Oh, him. What does he want?"

"Just saying goodbye. He's leaving NY."

"The party is starting without you. Enjoy yourself. You have earned it. Tomorrow we would be going to Maldives for a month."

Fran asks worriedly, "How about your job? Gio..."

"He agreed I need a long vacation."

Someone has been trying to kill Gio. David could be next in line. He is the money maker in their organization. One of the top ten in the mob. Gio finally agreed David has to disappear for a while. Until he got foolish men who tried to take him down.

No more argument from her.

Time to enjoy life before her new school life started.

--------------------------------------------------
Please vote and comment:)

Thanks for reading this story:)

Fran decided to be a lawyer to defend David if he got entangled with law. After all his boss is the mob king.

Confession time:

At the beginning of the stories, I wanna make Lotte fall in love with Shawn. Too bad they didn't like my idea. So, Joe and Lotte ended up together. Seriously, I'm being dictated by my characters.

Seeing Lotte in nurse uniform would drive Joe's nuts with jealousy.

Men and nurses :)

And I want to kill Fran.

There, I said it.

I want her dead in David's arms. After taking a stray bullet meant for him. Right in her graduation day.

But I got no heart to kill someone in her graduation day. And it would kill Bill. She's the only one precious for him after he lost his wife.

Do you think I should have killed her?

Another different story would start after this one "Not Daddy's girl" .

Not related to Fran and David story.

I just hope I could finish this one. It has been in my mind for a year. Still got no ideas. It's also love between two persons with age gap.

Wish me luck:)