Chapter 16-Purple

About an hour later there was a light knock on my door. There was Amethyst, Pearl, and Peridot she was chewing on the side of her thumb. "Can we come in? We had to bribe them to let us come in past visiting hours."

"Of course come in." I was getting tired again by the time they got here, but I wanted to see them all, especially Peridot.

"Amethyst don't make up a story we just explained the situation and they were kind enough to let us in." Pearl chastised her as Peridot stayed in the doorway not looking at me.

"Come onnn, Pearl, let me have fun sometimes." They continued to bicker just inside the room.

"Hey Peridot," I said it barely audibly, but she turned towards me still not looking at me. "Will you talk to me?" I just wanted her to look at me.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't know that's where they were going last night. They said they had to handle a 'problem' I didn't know they meant hurting you." She finally looked at me she was pale usually, but she looked like she was going to faint. Her eyes were bloodshot from what I can only assume was crying. She walked over and sat in the chair by my bed. When she sat down her shorts pulled up there was a deep purple bruise on her thigh that peaked out from the edge of her shorts.

I felt my blood boil "Peri what the fuck is that?"

"Nothing I fell yesterday." she tugged her shorts back over it. Amethyst and Pearl turned to us.

"Don't lie to me what did they do to you?"

"It's nothing."

I leaned closer to her "Don't lie to me for them, not after everything they did to us." Amethyst walked over to Peridot and motioned for her to pull up her short leg. She revealed a long thick bruise up the side of her right thigh. "Anywhere else Peri?" I asked quieter choking it out she looked like she was going to be sick and I felt like I was going to be. She pulled up her flannel sleeve revealing a handprint like bruise less purple than her thigh on her arm.

"What did they do to you P?" Amethyst kneeled down next to her looking at the bruises. Pearl stood behind her and held her shoulder reassuringly. I was angry I wanted them dead. They would never touch her again not with me around.

"They tried to make me leave with them last night after they came after you. They wouldn't tell me where they were going and I didn't want to go. I was playing with my friends online and they ripped my headset off my head after I said no a few times. I had class today and they wanted me to skip, but I never just skip. Aqua grabbed my arm and pulled me out of my chair and part of the way across my room. I screamed and my friends heard me and cause my headset got disconnected we could hear them through my monitor and they were yelling asking if I was alright and 'what the hell is going on' Aqua got scared hearing them yelling and told Topaz to grab me I kicked him away so he kicked me hard in the leg. Aqua told him I wasn't worth it anymore and told him to leave me. They left and I have no idea where they are." She looked like she wanted to cry more, but she had no more tears left.

"Why didn't you tell me or Pearl?" Amethyst took her hand.

"I didn't want you to stress out over me."

"We're your friends Peridot we're here to help you and be there for you." Pearl leaned down hugging her from behind. "Are you ready to file a report?"

She looked between the two of them and then laid eyes on me. "Yes. They can't hurt me and especially my friends anymore."