Chapter 10- RA Reports

I drove down the road and pulled out my phone. Sadie already messaged and said they were down at the Big Donut. I pulled out and drove the long way around town to be sure I missed driving passed Topaz. When I pulled in Amythest was talking to a slender girl with light pink hair outside of a minivan. She caught eyes on me and ran up hugging me.

"Dude, you totally saved P back there. The problem is now what do we do? Topaz is on the hunt for her still." I nodded in agreement.

"I may have made everything worse." I turned to the other girl.

"Hello, Lapiz I presume. I'm Pearl I work as an RA at Beach City University, I believe we met before?"

I did know her during my short stint at the university she was the one who sent someone to help me unload some of my boxes not that I had much. I smiled weakly "Yes, we did I am sorry it slipped my mind. Do you have any plans of getting her out of this?" I nodded towards the store where I could just make out Peridots rocking outline.

"Well, I need her to file a report against those two heathens." She hissed the words. "I can't technically do anything about something I didn't see unless she files a report then an investigation could go underway. The university takes abuse and threats very seriously and I want those two out of my school." She sighed. "She says she won't though or everything will be worse for her and all of us if she does."

"What even happened after we ran? Did he hurt you?" Amethyst looked worried she was remembering her black eye most likely.

"No, he started after you so I threw my mug at him and it shattered I think I cut his leg up good. I ran after I threw it and then came here Sadie texted me where you guys were. "I should go and talk to her." I walked to the store and Sadie was talking to Lars about what happened. He was holding her tight like she was the one who was in major danger. Peridot sat at a small table in the front rocking back and forth.

"Peri? You're safe now. I am going to get you some tea ok?" She stared straight ahead rocking.

I walked back to Lars and Sadie. "Hey, Lars, can you do me a huge favor please can you go down to the shop and lock up for me? I'm going to call my boss and tell him what happened He will understand I hope." Lars nodded and grabbed my keys. He kissed Sadies forehead and left. "Hey, Sadie wheres the to-go cups and some of the bag tea, I also need honey. She handed me it all and I set off making the tea with three dripping full spoons of honey. I laid The 2 dollars on the counter.

I took Peridots hands and placed the tea in them "Here drink this Peri." I was quiet and soft trying to relax her. She had stopped rocking, but was stiff."

She looked at me finally "Thanks, I am so so sorry Lapis. I didn't want you to get hurt. You didn't have to do that for me. You could have got hurt. You could have..." she trailed off looking lost.

"Are you going to report them?"

"I don't know, she said she loves me."

"Peridot, that's not love, I promise." My eyes were tearing.

"Ok, I will think on it tonight can someone drive me home I want to ignore the world for a bit and play Lunarskys it helps me relax."

I took her hand gently and pulled her to her feet. I can take you or you could go with Pearl or Amethyst I'm sure?"

"Can I ride with you?"