Chapter 11- May I have this Ride

I went up to my moped and opened the one saddle bag and slipped out an extra helmet I had for when Sadie walked to my apartment and didn't want to walk back home. I slipped it onto Peridots head and I tightened it to make sure she would be safe. I put mine on as we waited for Lars to get back with my keys. Amethyst and Pearl talked to each other quietly looking back and forth between me and Peridot.

Lars pulled in on his motorcycle and threw me back my keys. "I cleaned up the glass for you. There was blood on the floor too, looks like you got this dude good Lazuli, I also cleaned that up for ya. The place is all locked up for you now." He took off his helmet and leather jacket and went back inside. I watched through the window as he bent down and kissed Sadie. He's been much better since he went on his international trip where he helped people in need for a few months. Sadie missed the shit out of him, but he came back sweeter and more caring no matter how cool he acts he still is a mush.

I climbed onto the moped and turned to help Peridot over onto the seat. Reaching out my hand I teased "My I have this ride my lady?" to which Peridot laughed and called me a clod.

When she got on she seemed nervous though. She whispered, "Not to fast ok Lapis there are no seat belts." I laughed at her.

"Don't worry I obey the laws of traffic. Here hold onto me so you don't fall off." I turned the keys and took off slow from the parking lot. Peridot reached around my waist and leaned close against my back. She was so small and warm like a tiny space heater as we rode even though the Spring air was slightly cold when you rode through it.

When we got to campus I asked where I should park. She directed me to a visitor parking lot that I could use for up to two hours without getting a ticket and not needing a visitor pass.

I parked and took off my helmet and she took off hers and I slid them into my saddlebags. "So, what dorm do you live in?"

"I live in the one newer dorm I wanted the single apartments cause I don't really like sharing my space and bathroom with people I don't like or know." She started walking and I followed not knowing if I should or not. We walked across campus to the new dorm hers was the furthest away. I kept looking over my shoulder to make sure Aqua or Topaz wasn't around. We walked up the two flights of stairs to her room.

"You wanna come in for a bit?" She said as she was unlocking the door.

"Yeah, if you don't mind?"

"I don't really wanna be alone anyway right now." As she stepped aside to let me in. I looked around her room. There was a Camp Pining Hearts poster above her bed.

"You watch too," I said pointing at the poster

"Of course I do, It's only the best show ever!" she was herself again the Peridot talking about her joys and interest. "Please tell me you ship Percy and Pierri? They are the best ship ever, every other is inferior." She jumped up on the bed in excitement. I laughed at her. She was so cute when she was excited.

"Of course I ship them you'd have to be stupid if you couldn't see how much of a cute power couple they are." I jumped up next to her on her extra-long twin bed.

I surveyed more of the room from my higher place. Her desk was against the wall with a view of the back quad. Her computer, monitor, and a half dozen figurines some I recognized from her game covered it. In the nearby trashcan was her mouse crushed into mangled plastic and wires the alien logo nearly unrecognizable. I thought of how much she must have loved it.

The room was pretty tidy besides some stray clothes that looked like they were from yesterday and this morning just outside of the hamper. I laid eyes on alien head boxers mixed in. They were cute just like her. I chuckled and turned to her.

She was staring at me "why are you so nice to me Lapis? You barely know me and you saved me from Topaz and you took care of me yesterday. You've only known me like 24 hours and you've already done so much-"

"Because you deserve people being kind and helping you." I interrupted her. I needed her to realize what she deserves. She looked away eyes furrowed. She pushed her glasses back up onto her nose.

"Thank you, Lapis, You mean a lot to me even though we have only known each other since yesterday. Usually, it takes a long time for me to get close to people and to feel like I can be myself, but with you it's different." She smiled shyly.

"You mean a lot to me too Peridot."