Chapter 4- Peri's Love and Odd Coffee

I shuffled in my seat as she stared at me. She finally turned away to look at Peridot. Amethyst stuck out her tongue and made a gagging sound. "I don't know why you like her any way she's a tiny no good twerp. I don't think she even likes you P I think she is just using you for the homework you do for her, and the grade changes, and the money" She was putting a finger up for each one of the uses.

"I like her cause she... she... she's my girlfriend and she does stuff for me too. Like every once and a while when the jocks are looking for someone to fight she sends Topaz with me." she interjected.

"I don't think her sending her brute of a brother who bullies you is doing something kind or out of love P."

I sat there silently. There was a bit of pain in my chest and I didn't know why. Was it from this girl staring at me or...

"I, well, she said she loved me the other night. What do you have to say to that?"

"Oh, did she" Amethyst chuckled and messed with Peridots hair. "Peridot, what did you do for her before that?"

"Ummm, well, I changed her stats class grade for her last exam." She looked down at the wood floor again searching for answers.

"Dude, she's never even held your hand or kissed you, or you know" she gyrated her hips which made her curl over laughing again and Peridot and I just blushed.

"I'm done with this conversation, no more talking about Aquamarine." She stomped her foot, but it wasn't harsh it just came across as cute. "Also before I got to tell you before you went on your tirade, this is Lapis...Lapis I never got your last name, I'm sorry."

"Lazuli, Lapis Lazuli can I get anything for you, it's Amethyst right?" I got up off the chair next to Peridots set up and went up to the counter.

"I like her better already she actually bothered to remember my name" Amethyst walked up to the counter scanning the menu as Peridot went over to her set up unmuting herself and the others. "Can I get ummm, huh that's weird I like it, can I try this mushroom coffee thing."

"Yeah, of course, we just got that in stock the other week. I have no clue what it tastes like though I haven't got the nerve to try it yet." I rang her up and started brewing the water to pour over the powdered mushroom concoction before me.

"Guys, the tournament its starting we're the second team in the line up so we will be playing against the first the Empire City Strikers." Her team was nervously talking about what champion they wanted and who they wanted to ban. Peridot looked like her world was going to crash around her if she didn't win.