Chapter 14- Stormbreak

The next thing I knew I was lifted off the ground and was back in the coffee shop at one of the tables. Everything was spinning.

My boss Ross was over me looking at my shoulder which had blood trickling at a steady pace down my arm. His wife Maple wrapped some ice into a towel and put it against the back of my head which hurt bad, but then turned into relief.

"Good thing we came to take some of the money from the lockbox tonight what would have happened to you if we didn't show up. So, Lapis you want to tell us who was trying to kill you in our alley?" Ross looked up at me as he wrapped a bandage around my one arm.

"No" the world was not spinning as fast, but it was still hard to focus.

"Lapis are you kidding they could have killed you. It looked like they were going to. I'm calling the police and an ambulance." Maple said behind me pulling the ice away from my head going for her phone.

"No, they will hurt her if you do that. They can't hurt her. I need to protect her." I was crying there was pain all over I didn't know what hurt the most.

"Is that the guy from the other night who chased your friends out of the shop yesterday? He came back here? Jesus Lapis they will just come back here and keep hurting you." Everything went black and I felt my body hit the floor.