②⑦

"[y/n]!" alex cheered as soon as he caught sight of you. he grabbed your wrist lightly and showed you to where himself and a few others were hanging out away from the adults and their prying, listening, nit-picking ears so that they could talk however they like and use as much vulgar language as they please.

what surprised you was the familiar faces of ezra and elliot hanging out with j.c and alex. you had no idea why they were there and that they'd even be there in the first place-- actually, elliot you could expect, given that you knew he was of a higher family from when you saw him at the auction... but ezra? no dice.

they looked surprised at your presence as well.

"oh hey, [y/n]! i didn't know you'd be here!" ezra said, grinning from ear to ear, his mixed eyes dancing with happiness and what looked to be a bit of the "a-punch"

"a" meaning adult, of course. so i'm guessing you can infer what's in it.

"yeah, i didn't know you two would be here either!" she said, "speaking of which-- what are you guys doing here?"

"oh," ezra spoke first, "my dads made me come. then i found j.c and we started to hang out!"

j.c nodded in confirmation. elliot spoke next.

"my parents made my brother and i go, but then i found out alex was here. by the time i showed up these three were already together." he pointed at the other boys on cue.

you so badly wanted to ask, "you have a brother?" but lost your oppertunity when elliot was called away by a lady. presumably his mother.

"i'll be right back, guys," he said, getting up from his seat. you all watched him as he walked off.

a quiet scream sounded and you all snapped your attention to ezra, who looked as if his soul had left his body.

a man stood behind him, laughing so hard his face was bright red. eyes looked towards the pair with disgust, but some of them seemed to widen and look away after realizing who the man was. must be some important buisness man or something

"gotcha!" he managed through his laughing fit.

ezra was hyperventilating. is he ok?

"y-you can't do that!" he said, slightly gaining his composure.

the man just laughed. "yeah, okay."

"where's dad b?" ezra asked, only to be met with a shrug.

"dunno. probably at the snack table. thats where i always find him."

he gave the rest of you a humorous wink. then his eyes rested upon you.

"oh!" he yelled, gaining excitement, "this must be her! is this her? ezra please tell me this is her i love her already--"

what.

"dad. please calm down, im begging--"

"are you [y/n]?" the man, ezra's dad if you hadn't figured out already, asked you.

"..yes."

he pulled you into a hug, which surprised you.

"thank you for making friends with my dear baby boy--"

"dad--"

"he talks about you all the time at home--"

"dad--!"

"i'm so happy he made friends this time i was so worried--"

"dad!" ezra said harshly, raising his voice a bit. "i love you, but you're getting too excitable. compose yourself, you're here on business!"

the man drew slightly stoic. "yes, you're right. sorry, son."

he gave a small smile towards ezra and gave him a side hug.

"don't apologize to me," he grumbled, "you don't have anything to be sorry for.."

"to me at least," he added.

"yes, right," his dad looked towards you. "i'm terribly sorry, [y/n]. i was too excited and i hope this doesn't weird you out or hurt your relationship with my son."

you let out a small laugh. "of course it doesn't! ezra is really nice to hang out with."

you were oblivious to said boys blush.

finally his dad walked away and ezra let out a sigh of relief.

j.c, who was quiet the whole time except the laughes he shared with alex, finally spoke up.

"so, who the fuck is dad b?"

ezra sighed. "bruh. well--"

this program has been interuppted by: elliot! with a red handprint on his cheek and a tear stained face.

"elliot??" you panicked. "elliot what happened?"

he gave a bitter laugh, sitting down in his chair. "guess i did something father didn't like."

oh. oh.

"elliot..." your voice was quiet and you gave him a hug.

"i'm okay, [y/n]," he managed a bit of a smile, "thank you."

you fumbled giving one back.

eventually alex decided to lift the spirits of all those in the group and play would you rather.

it started off rather tame, but kind of escalated quickly.

"would you rather," elliot's voice was obviously infected by the alcohol in the punch he down to 'get happier.' "get your ear bit off during sex, or--"

"woah!" you yelled. "alright, i think thats my cue to go get a drink. i'll be right back."

you wandered off, going to the snack table and grabbing a bottle of water before heading back.

on your way, you collided shoulders with someone. "shit!"

you both kind of bounced from the impact.

"sorry," he said, glancing at you through black bangs that must've fallen out of place during the crash between you two.

you looked up to tell him it was alright, but he was gone.

you stood up just as your phone buzzed.

alex
wₑ ₘₒᵥₑd ₛₒ ₜₕₐₜ ₙₒ ₒₙₑ wₒᵤₗd ₛₑₑ ₑₗₗᵢₒₜ'ₛ dᵣᵤₙₖ ₐₛₛ.

alex
ₘₑₑₜ ᵤₛ ᵢₙ ₜₕₑ bₐₛₑₘₑₙₜ.

your phone screen kept glitching which kinda freaked you out and made you worry, but you went to the basement anyways.

"hello?" you called, descending down the last few steps into darkness. you could hardly see anything.

then you heard a door slam and lock behind you.

"hi sunflower."

×××

haha cliff hanger sucks to be y'all

jk y'all ily

also ik that like "dad b" is most likely not accurate when u have 2 dads or moms. somebody ik said it would be funny so i did it

sorry if it didn't tickle ur funny bone lmao