Chapter 1 | Nightmares/Annoying mornings

Mia's POV

I woke up to a disturbing vibration in my ear. I cringed my face, still having my eyes closed.

The noise got louder.

Now I'm starting to smell something.

Am I still dreaming?

chorizo con huevo? (Spicy pork sausage and eggs?)

Yummm...

"Aaaayyyeeeerrrr conociiiiii!"

I suddenly woke up and my eyes widened. I grabbed my phone from the nightstand to check what time it was, 7:45am.

Yeah that annoying sound I heard earlier was no other than the annoying sibling trying to sing to Shakira.

What did I do in my life to deserve this kind of torture?

I cringed my face again burying it into my pillow "Ayyy! cállate (shut up)!" I shouted.

He probably didn't hear me due to the fact that the music was on full blast, obviously not giving a damn that he interrupted my beauty sleep. People in this house don't know the definition of letmem'fsleeporcatchthesehands.

That's it, I'm throwin' hands.

I jumped out of my bed and stormed out of my room and ran downstairs.

"Jona what the hell!" I shouted over the loud 'Ojos Asi' song playing as I walked into the kitchen.

"Que? (What?)" He says turning back startled as he almost dropped the pan with the food in it.

"Déjame dormir! (Let me sleep!) I don't wanna hear your dying-cow-cry that you think is singing." I said rubbing my eyes with my hand.

"Ay pues cierra tu puerta! Y además yo nunca te digo nada cuando estás cantando tu pinché música china (Well then shut your door! And I don't tell you anything when you're singing your stupid Chinese songs)" He turned back to stir the food, then went to the fridge to grab what seemed like more ingredients.

"No, just shut yo' mouth before I do us all a favor and shove something down there me and you both know you'd like," I clapped my hands together,
"so Let. Me. Sleep. And it's NOT CHINESE IT'S JAPANESE HOE GET IT RIGHT!" I stormed off back to my room with him yelling something at me through the loud playing music but I didn't care enough to listen. I just wanted my freaking sleep!

When I got back upstairs to my room I threw myself on my bed as I heard the music being turned down.

Hey I'm running on 3 hours of sleep here!

I was up until 4:30am last night working on a project for my politics class until I finally finished.

Annnddddd I couldn't help but to watch some episodes of Black Clover teehee.

I could feel the bags under my eyes, I was staring at the ceiling my body facing up until I felt my eyes get heavy as I drifted off to sleep.

***

I was surrounded by all of them. Their faces filled with joy, happiness filled the room with their laughter and conversations. I see all of them, my grandma, grandpa, uncle Leo and uncle Berto, aunt Yanet, cousin Adam the list could go on forever. Nothing could ever replace this moment.

A hand reaches behind me and grabs my shoulder, I turn to look at her "Mami?"

She smiles down at me "Go, enjoy this moment" she gestured me to them.

As soon as I turned around to face what was once the beautiful scenery I described, was now dark and cold face expressions looking straight into my eyes as if I was their prey.

Why do they look so familiar?

It's dads family.

The ones I tried to get away from.

Why are they here? I left because of them. I don't want anything to do with them.

They started to approach me.

"You'll never be good enough"

"Pfft with that fat body and ugly face of yours you'll never get a man"

"You shouldve killed yourself when you had the chance you fat pig"

"You're a disappointment to your parents"

"No, stop it!" I shouted out walking backwards until I bumped into one of them. I looked back confused because it wasn't my mother anymore.

Mami where did you go?

The one behind me pushed me towards the rest of them. They pulled me in by my left arm holding it steady so it wouldn't move. One of them had pulled out a knife and as soon as I saw that I tried to push and pull but nothing seemed to work. I was panicking.

"Don't do this, leave me alone you've already done enough!" Tears started to form in my eyes.

"Awe what happened to little miss tough all the time, not so tough anymore when you're by yourself are ya?"

They all laughed mischievously.

Before I knew it they slid the knife on my arm making individual deep separate cuts, I screamed in agony. It felt so real. I cried and cried, but it didn't seem to help. As long as I cried it only made the torture more amusing and enjoyable to them. I decided to close my eyes and endure the pain quietly, tears rolling down either side of my cheeks, I was used to it anyway.

*knock knock*

I opened my eyes quickly, I was still facing up. My whole body was sweaty, it even started going through my bed sheets. I sat up quickly and looked at my left arm.

It was just another bad dream

I let out a sigh of relief, "Nothing there that hasn't already been there" I whispered as I touched my scars with my right hand.

*knock knock KNOCK*

I jumped and looked at the door, I almost forgot someone was knocking. I quickly got up and tried wiping what I could of my sweat off just before I got to the door.

"What do you want lombriz?" I said as I opened the door.

"Mira todavía andas de floja! (Oh my gosh you're still being a lazy ass!) Hurry up ya es tarde (it's late) you haven't ate and you're gonna be late for work!" The annoying sibling shouts at me once again. Oh shoot I didn't even look at the time!

I quickly dashed to my phone on the nightstand tripping on air. I raised up my phone revealing my Naruto lock screen. 11:36am, I am gonna be late, sheeet.

I took a quick shower, threw my work clothes on, ran downstairs to quickly grab a tortilla with chorizo in it, grabbed my car keys and was on my way. Sure it was a Saturday so I slept in, but I still had to go into work, this college tuition ain't gonna pay itself!

***

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: First chapters are boring hehe😅 please stay tuned you won't regret it😊

- Mm