HE'S MA BRODA FROM ANODA MODA

"YO YO, CHECK OUT THIS stuff Troy retweeted. It's hella crazy man."

Leroi looks up from Algebra textbook he's been watching for two hours now and at Kaolin who's stifling a laugh. "Yeah?"

"Ok ok. Girls, make his dick hard, not his life and boys, break her bed, not her heart."

That's all it takes for Leroi to blow up with laughter. A tenor that resounds against the vertices of Kaolin's room.

Nixon averts the grimace at the icetea he just spilled on his lap and says out loud, "Hey what about, play with her boobs, not her feelings."

Leroi's cackles only increases.

"Lame," Kaolin objects with a scowl and his brother recoils in defence. "Get on his dick, not his nerves."

"Hey hey, listen." Leroi crouches from laughing too hard, wiping his tears. "Make her pussy wet, not her eyes."

"Yeahhh." Kaolin makes a face. "You're crying, too. Like, it's not even that funny."

Raindrops pitter and patter on the window pane, driving the room into a deeper serenity. The occasional billowing and lightning flashes is not enough to silence the boys just to sit the tranquility out.

This room is painfully small, Leroi observes for the first few times since he's known Kaolin. It's easily three times littler than his but the order in which his friend put it is beyond impressive. Even for a stereotypical jock.

Kaolin's books are shelved in a quaint manner, not one breaching the row's plumbline lane. Leroi barely has enough space to even have books in his room. Kaolin, being the zealous model son also changes the peeling wallpaper every four months with checks from some convenience store down the street. Nixon, however struggles on his freelancing.

This type of responsibility scares the hell out of Leroi. Never can he imagine a penny precipitating from his sweat. It has never happened. Ever. Hell, he uses a credit card linked directly to the company's miscellaneous account, aka his spendings can never run dry.

What is in reality lying under this normally ghetto single-parented home is a shivering foundation tormented by edaphophytic leeches. Leeches in form of the single parent's terminal ailment, dwindling of child support and of course, the anabolic relationship between the remaining two pillars.

Kaolin is a bitter, selfish human, this Leroi is fully aware of. He rejects the child support, hates himself than his mother and even Nixon must suffer his own emotional decay.

"Why are you here anyways?" Kaolin casts his brother a dirty look that Leroi quickly diverts to himself.

"He's going to help me out with the algebra. Right, Nix?"

"Oh." Nixon picks Leroi's gesture. "Yes, yes."

"Yeah, you're fooling no one but go ahead, knock yourself out."

Leroi ignores his friend. He's literally the bar between them. If he gives up now, Kaolin might dare something drastic. "So, Nix."

"Yeah, Leroi?" His smile falters and Leroi's heart cracks.

"How's it going with --" Leroi wiggles his brows.

"With who?"

"Seraphina, you genius!" He capsizes in the old bean bag, guffawing for the fourth time this evening.

"Oh. She's doing well."

Leroi widens his eyes in surprise. "Are you kidding me?"

That's when Kaolin hisses some profanities and wears his Sony headphones. Migos can be heard blaring out of the mini megaphones.