Chapter 6

Third Person's Point of View

A blue-haired male wizard stood in front of the window of his room, gazing at the sky as he thought about the decisions he made so far. He can't help but doubt himself, if the path he chose was right. Everything that happened so far has become a burden to him, ill feelings and negative responses that he just can't let go.

But as his gaze lowered to the ground where his comrades trained, a smile naturally appeared on his face. Never had he imagined something such as love and friendship would bloom among them, but it did.

Jellal watched as Meredy and Racer sparred with their combat abilities, also noticing Angel sitting nearby and watching as well. Her injuries hasn't fully healed, but her arm was fine now, and the leader only felt more burden as he tried to figure out who could've possibly attacked them.

He was too focused watching them that he didn't notice the communication lacrima crystal glowing on his desk, a sign that someone was contacting him.

With a snap of his fingers, the lacrima revealed the image of a woman with long, red-hair and brown eyes, a woman all too familiar to him. It was as if all his worries vanished as soon as he saw her face.

"Erza." The Heavenly Body mage greeted, slightly glancing at the ball where the said woman looked at him with a serious expression.

"Jellal..." She smiled for a moment, before regaining the expression she held before. "There's something I'll need your help with."

"Before that," The blue-haired man turned to her. "That woman, Kinana, she's your spy, isn't she?"

Erza only smiled, not a bit surprised that the other managed to find out. "As expected from you."

Jellal's expression turned more serious, realizations dawning on him. "Very well, I won't stop you." He uttered, adjusting himself as he turned back to the window, seeing two figures approaching from a distance, riding on a magic carpet.

"So? What do you need?"

As the two discussed Erza's favor, a certain Celestial Wizard and Reflector mage safely landed on the ground just a few feet away from their training comrades.

Meredy and Sorano hurriedly ran towards Lucy, greeting her before asking where she's been. Of course, they scolded her a bit for leaving without saying anything.

The blonde female forced a smile, not wanting to make her friends worry. The last thing she wants was for them to find out what happened and hate Cobra for it.

"Sorry, Jellal asked us to do something. It was urgent, sorry." Lucy smiled apologetically, clasping her hands together. From her peripheral vision, she saw Midnight heading back inside their house. It was nothing unusual, but his dark expression intrigued her.

She pushed Cobra to the back of her mind, focusing on the two ladies in front of her. They were who she needed right now, people who would cheer her up and make her forget about her heartache.

But of course, both girls noticed her fake smiles, the sadness in her eyes. They just chose not to ask, knowing if Lucy wanted to talk about it, she would. They understood her too well to know she just wanted to get it off her mind, even for a while.

"Then, why won't we have fun? A girls night out!" Meredy suggested with enthusiasm, pumping a fist to the air as she excitedly waited for the other two to agree.

"But it's morning..."

"That doesn't matter. We can pretend it's night." The angel mage replied, catching on Meredy's plan.