3. The Thing that I really Want

A typical day at college. I can't wait to go home and see chocolate. Father already set up another meet up with Tim.

Class today in culinary arts had an assignment with creating a dessert with the ingredients on the table and the large fridge.

I made a chocolate and caramel layered lasagna towered cake.

Apparently the best dessert wins a $500 check and I just so happened to win.

Ding dong. School's over.

I walked out of the university exhausted to see Tim standing in front of the entrance.

I knew that this is going to follow down one of those cliche route so I put my hood up and quickly walked out. But he spotted me. Some passerby stopped to stare but it only held for a couple seconds before they all ignored us.

"(Y/n), I'm here to pick you up." He said, smiling.

This is for father so I should behave better.

I smiled and let him take me home in his car. While driving, his attention seemed to be distracted, but I was able to get home in one piece.

"I'm home." I said.

"Welcome home, master attendant." Chocolate greeted me.

"We're home~" Tim stuck his head in from the entrance. "Woah. Who's this hunk?"

"Nice to meet you." Chocolate smiled. "Are you master attendant's soon-to-be husband?"

"Woah, woah." Tim walked up to chocolate and buttoned up his white shirt. "No skin showing around my future wife, okay?"

"Of course." Chocolate sort of said with a smile.

I looked at chocolate as Tim held a hand on my waist and took me to the living room.

Seems like I'm going to be busy the next few weeks. We set up dates here and there.

The first date was a typical cafe date.
The second was a movie theater.
Third date: walk in the park.
Fourth date: another cafe date.
Fifth date: amusement park.
Sixth date: arcade.

Each night I came home exhausted, but I tried my best for my father. Sometimes I question myself about what I am even doing. Ever since mom does, father has never been the same. I guess the same goes for me. I'm sure that the old me would have already objected a long time ago.

"Are you alright, master attendant?" Chocolate greeted me each time with a worried expression.

"Chocolate..." I stared up at him. His shirt was unbuttoned again. "Thank god you're always here for me."

Tonight, chocolate gave me a gentle shoulder rub after I took my shower. I loved spending these small moments with him. It was what energized me for the next day.

"If I may, master attendant, can I inject some of my opinions?" Chocolate asked.

"Mm." I answered.

"Are you fine with this?" He said. "Is this thing that you're doing what you want?"

"I'm okay, chocolate." I said. "Father knows the best for me."

"I don't care about your father."

I was taken aback by his sudden change of character.

"C-Chocolate..." I felt small against his big stature.

"What do you want?"

My mouth opened and then closed.

What do I want?

There's the thing about starting my own restaurant. That's why I'm doing culinary arts, right? Actually father was the one that told me to do it. But I actually do want to do it, too. So it's not entirely of my own will. Actually what? I don't understand anymore.

Chocolate held one of his hands on mine and brought it up to his cheek.

"I want you to be happy, (y/n)."

Hearing him suddenly saying my name with that serious expression, I felt my heart skip a beat.

I held my other hand onto his other cheek.

My mind screams at me to stop before it's too late, but my heart makes me pull myself towards him.

It's this weird feeling again. I'm not being charmed by his eyes, am I? Come to think of it, I couldn't help myself but always stare at chocolate while he was working. I was also jealous of those other girls that got his attention, too.

My cheeks felt like they were on fire. I'm sure that my face is red right now.

In front of me, chocolate smiled gently at me.

I loved the way that he would look at me. It made me feel special; like I was the only one in his eyes.

"There are things that I want." I said.

I want mom back. I want dad back. I want the old me back. I want to be able to make choices without being scared of messing up. After all, it was my selfish ass wanting to go to the amusement park for my birthday that we got in a car accident and now mom is no longer here. And I don't want to marry some guy called Tim. I just want you to always stay by my side."

I felt a single tear roll down my cheek.

"Didn't I tell you?" Chocolate wiped my tear away. "No matter what, I will always belong to you, my master attendant. So I will always be here. I'll never ever leave you alone."

Huh? Did I just say everything out loud?

"Heheh. Why is your face getter redder by the second? You're really...very cute."

Before I was going to push him away from the embarrassment, chocolate wrapped me tightly in his embrace. I was sure that my heart was going to jump out of my chest at that very moment.