5. A Big Douche-bag

I woke up to the birds chirping.

Chocolate's sleeping face is the first thing that I see. I smiled warmly at him.

His eyes opened soon after and he returned me with an equally warm smile.

"Good morning, master attendant." He said in his usual sweet voice.

"Morning, chocolate." I said back to him.

....

With the birds chirping in the background and the sunlight shining through the window, he kept staring at me with that smile in silence.

"You're making me feel self-conscious." I said, hiding half my face with the blanket. "Jeez."

"Heheh. You're too cute."

Blushing, I looked to the side.

"...u....ay......ls.....ight?"

"Hmm? I can't hear you."

"Y-You won't say that to any other girls, right?" I said, feeling embarrassed for acting like this.

"Well, before I met you I would. Heheh, but these words and my roses will only belong to you now."

"Pinky swear." I tried to contain my smile as I raised my pinky.

Gently wrapping his pinky around mine, we did the pinky promise.

It's not that I didn't believe him. I just kind of...wanted to touch his hand.

Ah, even saying that in my head is so embarrassing!

I almost didn't make it to class in time today.

"But are you going to be in time for class?" Chocolate said while standing in the corner.

"Class?" I said dumbfounded while preparing an omelette. "AHHH!! I totally forgot!"

Chocolate laughed as I hurriedly fixed everything up.

Dammit. It's because chocolate distracted me. Well, it's actually my own fault for wanting to prepare breakfast for the both of us.

Thinking back about last night brought a weird fan-girly smile to my face. I think that I'm the happiest girl in the world right now.

I really need to break things up with Tim.

__

After class today, I spotted Tim's car parked in the student parking lot.

Going back into school, I searched for Tim. It took a while, but I found him...with a girl from my class?

I hid behind the school plant in the hallway.

They began kissing and flirting with each other.

I can't believe that I was hanging around someone like that the whole time.

As I turned to leave, I bumped into my professor.

.....

It was an awkward ride in the car.

"Um, Tim-" I started but he interrupted me.

"Listen," he started laughing, "you're not my type at all. I tried to appeal to you on behalf of your father because I felt bad for him. Oh, did you know that he has a full stack of money ready for us after we marry?"

I see where this is going.

"I've tried to make moves on you, but you kept acting uncomfortable. I had to say it, but...you're Lame. And a little...retarded?"

"Shut up." I snapped back. "What do you know about me? I never liked you in the first place. But in order to not hurt your puny feelings, I tried to be nice. I'm lame? Retarded? Honestly, I'm so done with you. You're the bad guy here for signing the deal with my father just because of some money. You should be ashamed of yourself!"

He started cussing under his breath and acting totally unlike the gentleman he was pretending to be.

"I bet you have no experience, huh?" He snarled. "Know how many girls I've slept with?"

"No and I don't care." I simply answered and then continued. "But I guess that this situation is a blessing, because I was going to contact you to cancel off our marriage. I've found someone else who actually cares and loves me unlike you."

I don't remember what else he said after that. I drummed it all out. It was a waste wasting my breath on someone like him. He was just like everyone else. People always pick on me because I'm so modest and a people-pleaser. It really makes me realize that I need to value myself more.

Hah.

It's as if a huge weight has been lifted.

I can't wait to come home and tell chocolate all about it. I know that he will be happy for me.