7. A Pretty and Cute Me

With the new name made and complete, the restaurant is open again. Apparently while the new sign was being made, there was an electricity outbreak and the fridge broke. So now most of the ingredients inside are rotten and unable to be eaten unless you want to get sick.

I ended up getting assigned to go to the forest to collect some small ingredients with chocolate. He was the only food soul around since boss wanted to make her own money without her parents' help.

Soul embers are really expensive.

So now here we are....

"What's the matter with you two?" Boss Madelaine eyes is from head down. "I have a first aid kit in my office."

After getting the first aide kit, I sat chocolate down and started unbuttoning his white shirt.

....

"Oh."

....

"Stop staring at me!" I said, embarrassed.

I started to tend to his wounds.

"That hurts." He said. "Be more gentle."

"I'm trying." I stopped and blew on a deep cut. "I'm sorry. I should've ran faster."

"It's okay. I'm just glad that I was able to protect you."

"You're too nice, chocolate. You're always putting yourself second."

"Of course I would put myself second for you. Don't worry, these wounds will heal in a matter of days."

"Stupid. Of course...I'd be worried. Hmph."

"Heheh."

I felt a presence behind me and looked to the door to find Madelaine peeking in.

"Wah!" I jumped. "W-What is it?"

"Um, I'm sorry about before." She said while hiding by the door. "If it's you, I guess that I'm fine with you being the one beside chocolate."

"Huh?" I stared at her. "Why're you saying this now?"

"N-No reason. Anyway, take care of him."

She left with that.

"It's been a month since we got together." Chocolate said. "Why don't we celebrate it?"

"It's only a month though."

Wow, a month already.

"But if you want to, then okay~"

"I know this fancy restaurant. Let's go there."

The next day was our one month celebration. I didn't have anything decent to wear so I turned to our boss, Madelaine, for help.

She was surprisingly, or I guess not, willing to help. She took me to her house to pick out one of her dresses.

My jaw dropped.

She pretty much lives in a castle.

The building was mostly beige with some lavender blue here and there. The big garden outside and the rows of flowers lining the walkway was breathtakingly beautiful.

"Mum, I'm back!" She called upon opening the front door.

"Milady," a servant said, "madam is at work today."

"Oh, poo." She walked towards the stairs. "Follow me, (y/n)."

Beside the stairs on the high ceiling was a huge chandelier designed like a blooming flower.

Madelaine's room was like a princess's. The huge bed in the middle drapes with pretty clothes and exquisite looking flooring and furnitures.

She opened a door that leads to her big closet.

I feel like I'm trespassing; being at a place like this.

"Since it'll take place at night...maybe a darker colored dress will be better. Try this and this and that on."

Madelaine threw 3 dresses into my arms.

"Where do I change?"

"Just change right here. I'll help you put them on."

Couple 20 mins later....

After trying a couple dresses on, I decided on this sort of dark red dress with tiny polka-dots.

"Are you sure this looks good on me?" I said, a bit shy

"He's going to fall in love all over again once he sees you!" Madelaine said excitedly.

"And are you sure I can borrow your purse, too? And these necklaces?"

"You can borrow anything! Ohhh, you better tell me how it goes."

It feels weird having such a girl talk since I haven't been in one for a while.

Madelaine seems so scary at work, but once you eat to know her, she's actually really nice and cute.

"Time for your makeup now."

"You're going to do my makeup?"

"No, I suck at that stuff. My mom will do it. Oh right, she's not here. Then my personal maid can do it."

I had a semi-natural looking makeup done.

Looking at the mirror, I felt like a completely different person. It's a enchanted version of me.

Wow.