9. No Matter What

Before I start the story, I want to thank you for all of the support that I get on this fanfic.

No matter how small the support is, even if it's just a read, it does not go unnoticed.

Sooo...yeah, I just really wanted to thank you guys for all the support.

Have a blessed day。・°°(_)°°・。
╰(*'︶'*)╯♡and a heartue~

Have a blessed day。・°°・(>_<)・°°・。╰(*'︶'*)╯♡and a heartue~

____________________________________

Food soul...food soul.

"But that's fine, right?" I said. "We love each other and that's all that matters. It doesn't matter who he is."

"You have any idea how long food souls live?" Father said. "You're just going to give him pain when you're gone."

I wanted to argue but when I think of chocolate all alone by himself after I'm gone, my heart broke.

I hugged chocolate's arm reluctantly.

"Chocolate..." I muttered.

But we're already head deep into this relationship. It's too late to go back now.

"Besides, people usually go with people while food souls go with food souls. I'm not saying that people don't go with food souls at all, but it's not common. People will reducible you when they come across things they aren't used to. You might even get bullied again. But...I'll let you guys decide what to do."

Back in our room...or I guess my room since father moved chocolate to the spare bedroom.

It's inappropriate, he said. Too early, he said. A girl needs to be more protective of herself, he said.

I guess food souls do live for a much longer time period than humans. When I'm gone...chocolate will be left behind. That's just too sad. I wonder how chocolate feels about all this. He must have known. No, he knew from the start and yet, he still showed me his love. Than I shouldn't be all hesitant. Our time is limited, so I should spend the most of every day with him.

I got up and walked to chocolate's room. I stopped outside the door for a couple seconds and before I knocked, the door opened, in front of me stood chocolate as he looked down at me.

His eyes...so beautiful.

"The blue rose does suit you after all." He said quietly. "But our love burns brighter and stronger just like the red roses I gave you. No matter what, you will be the only one I see. I will carry that with me to my grave."

"Don't talk about dying, chocolate." I said, tearing up. "But I will love you to my grave, too. Even if I won't be here no more in the future, our hearts are still connected even from up in heaven."

We stared at each other, understanding each others' emotions quite well before I lunged into him for a tight hug.

"You knew, didn't you?" I said. "And yet, you still chose to be with me."

"I figured that it's much better than regretting it later on." He said. "Besides, I wanted you to be happy."

"Who says I'm not happy?"

"You're always carrying that mopey expression with you whenever you're by yourself."

"Y-You were watching me?" I squeaked.

"Weren't you watching me all the time, too?" He chuckled.

"God dammit." I said, burying my embarrassed face into his chest. "Please forget about it."

"Why? I thought it was cute. It's already burned into my memories."

"A-Anyway, I'm glad that this got resolved so fast." I said warmly. "I actually kind of knew that our relationship probably doesn't look normal to a lot of people, but even so, I want to stick by your side."

"If anyone dares to pick on you, I'll protect you." He kissed my forehead.

Next night

"So, have you decided?" Dad said.

I had us three sit down at the very couch that had taken I  place a month ago for the arranged marriage.

"Father, I know that this is probably very weird for you, but we're both very serious about this relationship. We know that society may not accept us as much as other relationships, but we are prepared for that. Besides," I hugged chocolate by his arm, "We love each other very much!"

"I can't talk you out of this, right?" Father said.

"No." I answered.

"Your daughter is the only one I have eyes for." Chocolate said. "If she had said she wanted to stop our relationship, I would gladly do so if it will make her happy. But since she chose to be with me, I will do my best to make her happy. If people pick on her, then I'll protect her. If she's sad, then I'll be there to comfort her. I will make her happy."

"Yes, I...want to be with chocolate for the rest of my life." I said shyly.

Father paused for a second and then bursted our laughing.

"Huh?"

"My daughter is so bold, hahah!"

I turned to chocolate and felt my heart stop when I saw his expression. It was sort of...very charming. I liked the way that he looked at me.

"Are you asking m hand in marriage?" He smirked.

"N-No, er, yes...ugh, you know what I mean!"

He held my hand gently.

"Heheh." He chuckled. "I would love to marry you, (y/n). Allow me to properly propose to you when the time comes."

"O-Okay." I said, my heart beating.

"I guess I'll stop being the bad guy here and accept you guys." Father said. "You're my one and only daughter, after all. All this time, I've only been pushing my ideas on you without realizing. I was in the wrong."

"Father..." I hugged him. "I know you want only the best for me."

"I accept you guys so run along now." Father patted me.

"Thank you, father!" I said and went back to chocolate.

Well, that went over easily. Although it was short, I feel as though this brought our bond even closer than before.