• ride or die. / p1 •

i watched x precariously load each bullet into his clip, afterwards pushing it into his glock. the moonlight illuminated the car, shining right onto his hands.

as nervous as i was to hit this lick, x was almost too calm, like the weather before a catastrophic ass storm. he noticed my unsure daze, picking up my chin so it met his. he kissed my forehead, embracing me for a few seconds before going back to what he was doing.

no matter what crazy situation he got us into, or what was going on, in my state of panic he made me feel grounded as if i was a tree. the biggest, grandest, oak tree, so old and wise nothing could break it. thats one thing he taught me, to be a tree in this life.

i took a deep breath before loading up my gun as well. i started to struggle putting my bullets in due to these long ass nails. i started to grow more and more frustrated as i kept dropping them all over the seat and fumbling.

"baby you need some help with tha?" he raised an eyebrow, chuckling at my clumsiness.
"no-" he grabbed it carefully out of my hands, loading it for me, setting it back onto my lap. i rolled my eyes, as a thank you of course.

a minute or 2 of silence went by, until he finally spoke up. "you know, y/n, you don't gotta do this. ion wanna put yo life at risk, as much as i'm putting mines."

"dont say that. i'm riding regardless. you buss 2 shots im bussing back 4 of them. theres no going back jahseh im in this for life. now lets do this shit." i replied back, putting my hoodie up. as i was opening the car door he pulled me back in.

"what?"

"i love you with everything in me." he said quietly. he rubbed his thumb over my hand, intertwining his hand with mine. he looked away, then looked directly into my eyes with seriousness, saying words that i will never forget.

"if i end up in any way tonight, don't you dare fucking stop for me. you keep shooting until you can't and you get that money and run,"

"jahseh please don't say things like that! you not finna die not while we a team. you're scaring me-"

"baby girl the entire world is scary. fuck if im scaring you because what im telling you, this is real life y/n. these streets aren't perfect. scary to you or not this move is how we will eat, how we will provide, how we will prosper, and how we will have a life. this is on you and me. and im telling you this because you cannot let me down if anything happens.. i trust you." he spoke, wiping away my stray tear casually strolling down my cheek. he embraced me for one of the most passionate kisses we ever shared, it was like i felt him on a spiritual level. we rested on each others foreheads, before getting out of the all black I8, stepping out onto the sidewalk, towards the house we planned to raid.

this house wasn't any ordinary regular house we would strip. this was the biggest trap house in Broward, ran by this crazy scary nigga named Stokeley. he went from a highschool reggie dealer to a kingpin. its always been bad blood between X and him but i never really knew why, just that VR and BVF "didn't get along with extremities." Stokeley was sitting on at least 700,000 cash in revenue and we were snatching it all up.

but stokeley was known for doing inhumane ass shit to his rivals and for anyone who dares to fuck with him or his shit. this one dude named Gazzy had his legs ripped off and sown where his arms should be, literally buried under Stokeleys office which he had custom built. the news was frantic like crazy wondering where Gazzy was claiming he was missing and "ran away", but in reality, Stokeley turned that nigga into a fucking tsum tsum. but jahseh didn't care one bit. nobody provoked any kinda of fear into him.. he's fearless like that, which i admire.