Chapter 8

Katniss POV

"And here they are" I hear someone at the front say.

I look to see a man, middleaged with dishwater blond hair. He looked tired and was in need of a serious shave. He wore a grey tatty shirt with black trousers. He slouched in his chair staring at me and Annie.

"You must be Katniss and Annie" he mumbled slurring his words.

I nod my head in return and Annie just stands there. She's always been quiet in front of others.

"Take a seat" he says gesturing towards the empty chairs at the back of the classroom.

I start heading towards the seats Annie following close behind me as everyone stares at us. It's understandable I know, new girl,  everyone looks.

I am about to sit down when I hear a sharp TSS next to me. I turn to find Peeta grinning at me. Finnick sits beside him. I smile at them and so does Annie. At least we have them in our class.

"Welcome girls. I'm Haymitch and blah blah welcome to the class and the rest " he says obviously not meaning it. "I'm not going to say the rest. Too much effort."

Well he seems nice.

Everyone starts talking once Haymitch has finished the register. Me and Peeta compare our schedules to see we have mostly all the same lessons together apart from Science.

We hear the bell and we head towards our first lesson Art, separating from Annie and Finnick who have Science.

"Bye!" I wave to them as Peeta and I head towards Art.

"Yes we have Cinna!" Peeta says.

"Who's Cinna?" I ask.

"The most kindest,  brilliant, teacher you will ever meet" he says smiling his 1000 Watt smile. Hes so cute!

Wait what?

Katniss stop.

"You coming?" Peeta says pulling me out of my thoughts. I smile at him and follow him into the Art room.