5.

7th May, 5:30 pm:

Dante carefully knocks onto the door of the orphan girl. "Y/n, it's Dante. I'm coming in now."
Before the male can open the door Y/n has already opened it.
She's wearing different clothes. "Wait, where did you get these from?"
"Lady", She says as she lets Dante enter the room.
"So she gave you new clothes, huh? Kind gesture."

Y/n points at her black shirt. "Dante", She says causing the said male to raise his eyebrow. "That's my shirt!"
Y/n grins as Dante realizes the message. "I should have known", He sighs referring to Lady.
"Anyway, how about some reading? I brought a book with me, just don't tell Trish I took it."

Dante pats onto the seat on the bed beside him for Y/n to sit down.
She does so and takes the book out of the male's hands. Before reading she puts her white streak of hair behind her ear.
"The flowers... bloom as the sun... shines on them."
She looks up at Dante who nods as a sign for her to continue. "Gray clouds form in... the sky?"
"Go on."
"And it starts to... rain."

"That wasn't bad for a woman of few words."
Y/n looks up from the book at into Dante's face. "I... like you."
Dante's face turns red. "What?"
"I trust you."
Then Y/n falls into Dante's arms who is still very surprised by the choice of the girl's words.
"Already?"
A chuckle escapes the girl's lips. "You... saved me!"
Another chuckle escapes her lips.

"I guess your vocabulary is widening", Dante says with a flushed face and frees himself out of Y/n's grip.
She cocks her head to the side with an eyebrow raised. "Dante", Y/n asks.
"What? I'm fine!" The male starts to panic.
His heartbeat is rising for reasons that are unknown to him.

Dante jumps up from the bed. "I... have to take care of something."
He runs out of Y/n's room and downstairs where Lady looks at him with a question mark all over her face.
"The heck is wrong with you", She asks. Nero comes out of the kitchen. "Didn't go well, huh?"
"It went well... too well", Dante sighs and sits down in his seat behind the desk.
"What do you mean?" The black haired woman sits down onto the desk.

"She trusts me, which is good."
"So? Why are you worried then", Nero asks. "It's complicated", Dante says.
"It's always complicated with you."

Dante rolls his eyes at Lady's comment. "It's just weird! No one ever said it directly to me."
"Gosh, Dante. You're flipping for absolutely no reason", Nero groans in annoyance and walks back into the kitchen.
"Dead weight", Dante mumbles as Nero leaves.

"So let me get this straight. She likes you", Lady continues the conversation causing Dante's face to explode in different shades of red and pink.
"I-I don't know!"
"Wow, I've never seen you this confused by a girl", Lady laughs slamming her fist onto the wooden table.
"Stop it!"
"Come on, Dante! This is the first time a girl besides your mother had you tripping!"

"Leave my mother out of this!"
"Eva?"

Both turn their heads into the direction of the sudden voice.
"Y/n?"
"H-how do you know the name of my mother?""

Then Y/n slaps her hands in front of her mouth in shock. She said Dante's mother's name.
But how did she know?

Right after that, Y/n runs off and out of the headquarters.
"Y/n, wait!"
Dante jumps up from his seat and runs after the girl with the h/c hair and white streak.
The male runs out of the headquarters but Y/n has already vanished into the mop of the night. "Dammit! Lady! Get Trish and Nero. We have to find Y/n."
"Right away!"

Then Dante turns his gaze back towards the city scene of the night.
"What aren't you telling us, Y/n."

________________________________________________________________

Hello everyone,

Just a small spoiler for the story I will work on after this one.

See ya