8.

Dante backs away from the hug and cups Y/n face with his big hands.
Only a few inches are left between their faces. "I won't let that hag hurt you."
A gentle smile appears on his lips.

"Yea yea, are you done with your romance?"

Both Dante and Y/n face into the direction of the voice.
It's Lady.

"What are you talking about?" Dante backs away from the h/c haired girl and turns his gaze towards Lady.
"You were about to kiss her", She sings and walks off.

Dante turns back to the confused Y/n who just stares back at him. "I-I'm sorry, Y/n."
She smiles and cups his cheeks. "Y/n likes Dante."
Then she carefully places her lips onto Dante's who responds immediately.
Y/n breaks kiss the chuckle with a bright grin. "Does Dante like me too", She asks with red cheeks.
The said male chuckles and pulls the girl closer.
"Of course, I do."
Both laugh in each other's arms.

"Let's go out today", Dante says with determination. Y/n nods in return.

8th May, 10 am:

Y/n and Dante exit the headquarters hand in hand and stroll through the city.
On their stroll they run into Morrison who seems rather surprised by Dante's affection towards the girl.

Both continue to go to Nero's and Kyrie's orphanage where they meet the couple taking care of the children.
While Nero and Dante talk in the kitchen Kyrie cooks food.
"Dante, we don't know anything about her. She can't even talk in full sentences", Nero says leaning against the kitchen counter.
"She's in danger and we're the only ones who can protect her."
"From that wing lady? Don't you think that's a little messed up?"
Dante scratches the back of his neck.

"After meeting Trish I know it's possible."
"True."

The two males look out of the kitchen to the group of children who has surrounded Y/n. They ask her all kinds of questions.
"Where did you get that white hair from?"
"What's your name?"
"You're so pretty!"
Y/n seems to be a bit overwhelmed by the situation but still wears a calming smile on her lips.

"Me Y/n", She says and sits down on a chair. "Let me read for you."
She grabs a book from a shelf and starts to read as the children sits down on the carpet.

Dante smiles at the sight of her. "Wow, Dante! She's really sweet. Can she work here", Kyrie says jokingly. "Sure!"
Now Nero starts to smile as well.
"She sure is a keeper", He mumbles loud enough for the others to hear.
Kyrie hits the male's shoulder while Dante just laughs. "Don't get too carried away. She's mine", Dante says still laughing.

Suddenly the roof above Y/n breaks open and reveals the blue sky.
The children scream in shock as Y/n tries to calm them. Dante runs over while Nero tries to keep Kyrie and the children save.
"Y/n, get away from there!"
The said girl looks up to the broken roof.
Her eyes widen as her gaze wanders back to Dante.
"Stay back", She shouts shoving the children away from the howl.

Then two massive wings break through the ceiling with claws at the end.
They wrap around Y/n's body and lift her up from the ground.
Dante pulls the Rebellion off his back ready to free the squirming girl.
"Y/n!"
She looks down onto the devil hunter with tears in her eyes.
"No, Dante!"

The wings pull her up and onto the roof.
Dante does no hesitate, ignores Nero's yelling and jumps after Y/n.

Om the roof the whole body of the winged creature reveals itself.
"How happy I am to have found you, my sweet Y/n", A dark voice growls.
It's a woman with dark hair, horns and a pair of massive, dark gray wings.
Dante does not seem affected by the appearance of his enemy.
"And you must be Dante, the legendary devil hunter", The woman says.

"Let Y/n go", Dante yells as his grip around the Rebellion tightens.
"I'd love to but we have some business to discuss."
"Who would want to discuss business with a goth chicken."

The winged woman raises an eyebrow. "Is that all you've got? I've heard worse!"

With a snip of her fingers Y/n gets lifted up. She cries out for Dante who just watches as his precious girl gets captured into a white pearl.
"I assume she told you about my plan?"
"Yes, she did and I've seen worse."

The dark haired woman laughs, her gray skin sparkling in the beam of sunlight.
"I must say, I'm already excited about our next meeting, Dante."

Then the woman spreads out her gray wings and flies off into the distance leaving a yelling Dante behind.
"I blew it big time."