♛Chptr. 28: I'm sorry... for being this ugly. ♛

3rd person's POV

Jimin locked himself in his darkened room, the light on his tv was all he had. He carelessly lied on his couch as he formed into a ball, a blanket wrapped around his body. His knees are bent until it reached his chest... still aching as he did. His hands clenched on the ends of his thick blanket that was hugging him. He looked miserable.

But in fact, he really is... He was always miserable.

Jimin recalled everything

Jimin recalled everything. From how he was happy to come to school before with his younger self, all giggly and too naive with his neatly styled hair, a little makeup on his face to highlight his features even more, and his outfit too extravagant for just a simple 'school outfit'. He didn't care about how others would view him as that student who's 'always overdone'. Jimin ignored everything, he wasn't bullied before though, in fact, he was just a normal student who had a normal crush on this guy.

This guy who had all the rights to be called handsome... was how Jimin always described him. 

He would always sneak out of his class just to have a glimpse of this crush of his from the other side of his room. The guy was too cool, he was good at sports, he always smiles, he's a smooth talker, he was tall and too handsome. But the only downside was that he was everyone's dream guy. Too bad that he was Jimin's too that time.

Jimin did everything just to be noticed by him. He made sure to always have a good grade to not be an embarrassment especially when the rankings would be displayed on the bulletin board. He joined the drama club just because his crush was there too even though all he ever did was help with the props and costumes. Jimin didn't care, as long as he would see him everything's fine.

In fact, one time he was noticed by this crush of him. He was holding a box that seemed to be heavy so the guy helped him, lifting the box for him instead. Jimin's heart beats so fast like it was about to fall off when he realized who just helped him. He can't even look at him in the eye. He believed he had no right to.

"Let me help you, that looked heavy." He remembered him saying with those blinding smile. Jimin ended up uttering a "Thank You." in a stutter in return. 

"I'm Junghyun by the way... it's nice to meet you." Then the moment Jimin had been waiting for finally came, where the man of his dreams was finally asking for his hand... well, not really. Just asking for a handshake but oh, Jimin could daydream.

Those little small talks and little glances made Jimin happy even though those might only be accidental or happened coincidentally. That was too enough for Jimin, he was happy by just that. And then that memorable day came, the day when Jimin's hopes had gotten to its limit point. His heart turned very hopeful...

"The weather looked nice don't you think?" Junghyun uttered out of nowhere when Jimin was just there by the window of their drama club room doing nothing in particular but to stare at the sky. Jimin even thought that those words weren't sent to him but Junghyun said something more when their eyes met.