The Battle

(A quick Authors note: Thank you everyone for being so patient with me <3 I have been updating this chapter little by little as I was sick, officially rewriting this chapter four times. I was able to fully finish this chapter. I wanted this to be the best and most detailed chapter I have that really emphasizes this battle. As we are drawing close to the end of this book, I will have a pole soon to find out what Xreader to write next. Thank you <3-Claire)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The voice of the man was piercing. It rung throughout my ears all the way to my spine, sending chills. He promised not to let anything happen to me, but was this true? How could I even love a man I only met weeks ago? So many questions in my head, yet not enough time in the world to process their demands. I fell to my knees. He was the only person I could think about. I felt the air grow tighter as I was caught within this bubble.

No one moved. Not even an inch. What were they waiting for? Someone to attack first? Another voice who appeared out of God knows where? I couldn't wait much longer. The tension between the two was growing. It swarmed the entire building. A crowd of bystanders stood and waited as well. Some glanced towards me, others eagerly waited to whip out their phones and start videoing. This wasn't Worldstar, and it certainly wasn't for YouTube. Shaggy clenched his fist. "Hurry the hell up, Coward!" he cried out, flames surrounding his body, his shirt being ripped to pieces which revealed his rock hard abs.

The ogre roared, shaking the entire building, more tiles falling to the ground. This is what the people wanted. They wanted to watch someone die fighting for a woman. They wanted to post it on their social media apps and have one of them executed into a bitter hell. Even so, i'll be damned if Shaggy lets that ogre win!!

Shrek jumped into the air, a spiral of green forming in his hands. One giant, large onion appeared over his head. "I'll show you what REAL power looks like, Shaggy!" He didn't seem fazed by Shrek, so I assumed he saw this often. How? When? Are there more people like them here? If so, where? I was more focused on my questions rather than the battle. Thinking only made time stand still.

Shrek casted down the large onion, people held their nose as the smell filled throughout the area. Shaggy could only smirk. "What a weak attack," Shaggy bluntly announced. Shaggy's laser beaming eyes counter attacked Shrek, bright green and red lights formed one ball of flaming fire, everyone screamed and ran. What social media freaks. Shrek pushed his attack harder, now you could see the fear from within Shaggy's eyes. "Shit!" "Run!" he said, the red light disappeared within seconds as the onion consumed it quickly.

Shaggy ducked down behind the bubble as the onion left nothing around them. No more remains of the building that once stood there, just large holes and bodies of others scattered across the ground. Shaggy hopped over my bubble, he lifted his hand up, throwing a Scooby Snack in the air as Scooby caught it in his mouth, hopping right under Shaggy. Shaggy rode on Scooby's back as a long sword swarmed with blue flames appeared in Shaggy's hand. He pierced Shrek in the side, causing Shrek to roar loudly. His large ogre hands yanked the sword from his side, tossing it brutally to the ground.

Blood pooled from Shreks side, he held onto it tightly. Shaggy quickly reached for the sword, he pointed it to Shreks heart, brushing the blade down his body. Shrek stared into Shaggy's eyes. Tears began to swell in his eyes. "Is this how it ends?" he began "A distraction and it's all over for me?" no response. "Well?" Shrek asked. "You've caused my new world too much trouble. I only wanted to escape from our fantasy world. I wanted to be with real people, with real humans..where I could feel and be normal. I knew it wouldn't last. Someone would come back for me, just when I had found true love." Shaggy said through his shaky voice. He was going to cry, poor guy. "Drop the sword.." Shrek said, looking up at Shaggy. "We can be pals again..like the old times."

Shaggy dropped the sword, falling to his knees in pure sobs. Shrek wrapped Shaggy in a hug, his large figure practically embracing a skeleton. Shrek picked up the sword. "Forgive me.." he whispered as it was shoved through Shaggy's stomach. Shaggy fell from his knees to the ground, he coughed but the only thing that came out was blood. He tried to speak through his wheezing breaths as he gasped more and more for air. He turned to me. I saw his pale face, blood pooling from his body and the sword through his back. How is he not dead? I screamed loudly, banging hard against the bubble.

Shrek turned to Shaggy one last time, walking away. Shaggy dragged his bloody hand across the dirt, gripping tightly to the soil, he began to stand. He pulled the sword from his body, a visible gaping hole through his stomach. "Shrek!!!" Shaggy said, more blood coming from his mouth. "I'll show you one hundred percent of my power, bitch!!!!!" I saw flames swarm him. His skin ripping from his body before being replaced with a new one. This skin was more beautiful and he looked so good with it on. He had no scars, and no more wounds. He was healed. Shaggy began to rise more and more until he was taller than the large trees that were around us. Shaggy took one step, the trees being crushed under his large foot.

Shrek turned around, his mouth gaped open. Shaggy screeched loudly, houses were blown into nothing but pieces, the trees were knocked over. Shaggy grabbed Shrek into his hands, throwing him roughly into the ground. Shrek formed the green onion again, this time it was smaller than his last one, I guess it was because he was out of power. Shaggy quickly counter attacked this move, a large red ball of flames that came from his eyes was held into the sky. Shaggy looked down at Shrek, sending the ball of flames over his body. The ground began to crack, the earth tilted.

"Stop it, Shaggy!!" I yelled to him. He didn't stop. I feared for my life and for my parents lives. The ground fell into nothing but space. A loud explosion was heard. A flash carried over my eyes. When I opened them, there was nothing. No earth, no Shrek, no people, no moon, and no Shaggy.

There was just me, my bubble, the planets, and the stars.

That's when I realized..Earth had been obliterated.