Shaggy...

The way he boldly told me his name sent a shiver through my body all the way to my toes. "Shaggy.." I mumbled to myself. My heart began to pound and I felt my face turn red, I was becoming uneasy. He took a sip of his boiling hot coffee as if it was nothing and stared into the never ending black spiral of his coffee. I didn't know what to say, think, or feel. "So," he began. "Where you from, man?" his voice was powerful, and my knees were weak. I snapped out of my gaze to catch him starring at me with his eyebrows within a confused expression. "O-Oh!!" I felt the sweat pouring from my forehead and everything was a haze. "I'm from here.." I said quietly. "This coffee shop is at most fifteen minutes from my house, but it's the closest one we have. 

Shaggy leaned back a bit against the booth, his long arms reaching to each side. He looked off to the side. I guess he was waiting for me to ask him something now. "Are you from here, too?" that was the only thing I could manage to think of. I heard him laugh a little. "I guess you could say that." he winked at me then stood up, throwing his coffee away in the trashcan that sat behind me. "Where are you going?" I asked. I haven't really talked to anyone recently, probably because I do not get out of the house much. "(y/n).." he started "I have to go now, I will be late for dinner and my dog is probably waiting for me at the house." he smiled softly to me. 

I nodded softly and stood up as well. It had stopped raining so I guess I was able to go back to the house. He walked over to me and wrapped his long arms around my body, embracing me. I felt something slide into the pocket of my jacket and I knew what it was..it was his phone number. I pulled back, I didn't want him to go, but I let him leave because he was still only a stranger, right?