Chapter 2- Don't Assume Shit

After the show, Taylor and I picked out a pub. Inside that pub, we had a conversation that would truly begin the rest of our lives, but not as individuals.
As a team. A loving, passionate, team. That boned a lot.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*TAYLOR'S POINT OF VIEW*

{Over hearing that conversation was the best thing I ever did. I have never and will never regret it.}

"Hey, so I found a pub. It's like a small corner in a back alley, but supposedly it's fuckin' rad." I said to Dave as we were changing after the show.

It was a sold out stadium, and we were loud, proud, and fucking awesome. Nate said it was the best he'd played in a long time, but we think it was because of Chris. Nate has been more confident and happy since getting with him, and Chris has been a complete gentlemen.

"Sounds good, man. Let me change real quick and I'll be with you in a minute."

"All good." I turn around and begin to pull my shorts down to put my tracksuit pants on. I feel a pair of eyes on my back and smirk to myself. Next, I pulled my shirt off and wandered around for a minute, pretending to look for another shirt. Dave was not-so-subtly checking me out and anyone could tell.

"Fuckin' tease." Dave mutters behind me, probably assuming I wouldn't hear it.

"You ready to head off?" I ask, finally pulling my shirt on and turning to Dave.

"Yeah, let's go."

And with that, Dave and I set off to the pub I'd found.

{Before we get into the conversation Dave and I had in that pub, I just want to talk about him a little.
In the few years I had known David Eric Grohl, I knew that, lovers or not, we would be together for the rest of our lives. It wasn't a statement that needed to be said aloud, we both knew it.
Dave needed someone. More than what Pat could give him, more than what Krist could give him, and more than what a new band could give him. Kurt was Dave's best friend, and nothing could fill that hole. Until he met me. This sounds like I'm really inflating my ego, but what I've just told you was exactly what Dave told me in his wedding vows. Word for word.
I was meant to be in this band. I was meant to hit it off with Dave. He was meant to discuss his crush with Pat. I was meant to overhear it.
Because if none of that happened, Dave and I wouldn't be celebrating our 8th wedding anniversary this year. We wouldn't have our loving family. Our 2 beautiful kids. Our 4 giant dogs. Our 1 tiny kitten.
We wouldn't have our lives.}

*DAVE'S POINT OF VIEW*

Taylor dragged me into the pub and we sat down at an almost secluded table. Before I could get a single word in, he looks at me and says something that nearly gives me a fucking aneurism.

"I overheard you guys on the bus." He smiles a little.

"Fuck, how much? I can explain, I swear. I uh, I didn't mean-"

"Dave. Stop fuckin' assuming shit. You don't know if I feel the same or not. Who sounds like the 12 year old girl now?" He cuts me off.
I laugh and rub the back of my neck, my cheeks flushed.

"Yeah, you're not the only one, man." Taylor looks at me pointedly.

"Don't assume shit. But what you can do is assume that this is our first date, and I expect a good fuckin' kiss after this, Grohl." He gives me his signature 'pure joy' face, and goes off to order drinks. He knows what I like.