Chapter 2

Today was Tuesday. AKA the first day of having Toby as my student. I have to find out why I can't read his mind. Is he like me? Can he read minds too?

The class filled in as my mind popped back onto reality. I watched as Toby calmly walked in the class. Everyone watched him as he took a seat at the far end of the classroom. Some had looks of admiration and others, looks of jealousy. I guess he was pretty cute. But, I can't think like that right now.

"Good morning class! As you may have noticed, we have a new student. Toby, would you like to introduce yourself?" I politely asked him. He shrugged his shoulders in response. "Why don't you tell us a couple things about yourself?"

With a sigh, Toby spoke up. "Um, my name is Toby... And I'd rather not have math in the morning?"

I frowned at his answer, but to my surprise, the class clapped. "Okay," I said, but I couldn't help smiling. "Please do the practice problems on page 53 of your textbook." A few faint groans were audible but everyone did as they were told.

Now was my chance. If I wanted to read Toby's mind, now would be my chance. I focused as hard as I could without looking creepy, but I could only hear the mental math of students around him. I just don't get it!

In no time, the dismissal bell rang announcing it was time to switch classes. Toby gathered his things and leisurely walked out of the classroom.

***

Advisory was fifth period, right after lunch. I had both both Toby and Katie in my advisory. After a short introduction game, my advisees broke into their little groups talking about stuff I had no interest in. Toby sat in the corner by the outlet charging his phone and reading "The Maze Runner". Katie sat with her back against the side wall writing in a little pink leather journal. It was obviously a diary. I'm not a creep so I made sure to leave her mind alone. Instead I tried again to pry into Toby's mind. Yeah, that didn't sound right did it? Still, nothing!

I needed answers, and I needed them now. "Toby?" I spoke loudly. "Can I, um, see you in the hall please?" Toby slowly bookmarked his page and followed me into the hall. "Hey, I need to ask you a few questions."

"Sure what do you--" he was cut off by the loud tune of the bell. Dang! "Can I go?" He said half turned already.

"Uh, yeah, I guess." He spun on his heel and headed down the hall toward his next class.

***

After school, I walked to my car to go home after a moderately long day of work. Seriously! My head hurt! I turned the corner to get to my car, I noticed a lean, floppy haired figure sitting on my car hood. Collin. I took off running. I was half way there before he realized I was outside. He took a few steps and reached out his arms, welcoming me into a hug. I know we had just spent the whole day yesterday together, but I still loved seeing him.

<b> God I love you. </b>

I smiled. We stayed hugging for one more moment before pulling apart.

"So, what's up with the after school visit?" I said as I walked over the drivers side of my sedan and unlocked the doors.

Climbing in, he said, "Nothing really. Is it so bad that I just want to see me girlfriend?"

"Not at all." I leaned in and kissed him on the cheek. "So, what do you want to do?"

He leaned back thinking for a moment while I pulled out of the parking lot. "I'm thinking movie night. Or sundaes!"

"How about movie night <i> and </i> sundaes?"

"I was hoping you'd say that."

"I know."

I drove the the local ice cream shop and ordered our favorites. I got an Oreo sundae and Collin got a banana split. As usual we ate half and then traded. It's a little weird, I guess, but we've already traded saliva if you know what I mean. I really need to stop saying weird things don't I?

"I already know what movie we can watch too." He said matter of factly.

"Not "The Notebook" again!" I whined.

"Haha, very funny. No, I thought we could watch Godzilla!" I gave him "the look" to say that there way no way we were watching that. I have my reasons, okay? "Relax! I'm just kidding. You pick the movie, I'll watch whatever you want."

"Even if I wanted to watch "the fairly odd parents"?"

He winced before saying "Even if."

"You're the best boyfriend ever!"

***

Hey guys! Sorry this took so long to update! I just have so many stories I'm trying to update. I'll try to update more often.

~Abbi

P.s. Sorry if it's short...