003

"Camp out"

"Hamilton 'The babe' Porter- Long ball Porter! C'mon Denunez!" Ham rambled on, eventually sticking his hand in the air like some sort of professional, causing them all to laugh.

"Yeah- Okay- Let's see it!" Benny said, punching his glove a few times.

The girls watched from the dugout as Kenny pitched the ball, and Ham missed.

"You call that pitching!?" Ham yelled, trying to defend himself, rambling on about how it was baseball and not tennis.

"Alright, Ham! This is my heater! I dare you to hit it!" Kenny yelled, pointing a finger at Ham.

Everyone watched as Ham hit the ball so far, it went over the fence. The beast's fence.

A chorus of complaints was thrown at Ham, including the girls. As Ham took his pitiful home run, kids hitting him left and right, Benny stated what they were all thinking.

"Ham you idiot now we can't play no more!"

As they all were hitting Ham, Camille noticed something strange. She noticed Scotty, trying to jump the fence. She hesitated for a second then starting running.  "SCOTTY! GET DOWN!" Soon followed by everyone running towards a confused looking Scotty.

They finally put him down and Scotty was very confused.

"Holy crap! You could've been killed!" Squints yelled, slightly out of breath.

"Yeah-Yeah, truly! What are you doin'!" Yeah-Yeah added.

"Well, you all were all leavin' so I just thought I-" Scotty defended.

"If you were thinkin' you wouldn't have thought that!" Mia yelled at him.

"You can't go back there, Smalls!" Benny told him.

"Then how do we get the ball back?"  Scotty asked them.

"We don't. It's history, kiss it goodbye!" Camille told him, being the only one that hasn't yelled at him.

"It's gone man, gone," Bertram added, a look of sadness on his face.

"Games over man, we just get another ball tomorrow. We'll never see it again..." Benny said as they all started to walk away.

"Why not?" Scotty asked, purely confused.

They all solemnly walked back over to him, looking down. All having one answer. "The Beast." They said simultaneously.

"What is that?" Scotty asked, still confused.

No one has the guts to tell him. Until Benny and Camille walked up to him slowly.

"Smalls, listen to me. Go to that fence, real slow, and be quiet." Benny instructed.

Scotty was still confused and tried to ask more questions before Camille cut him off.

"No, no, no- Just go over there and peek through that hole."  She told him.

After him stalling long enough, he walked over to the fence. Then, almost as soon as he got there, he backed up quickly.

"S-something got the ball. W-What was that thing?" He asked, his voice laced with a bit of fear.

The group all looked at each other and nodded. "Campout."