Chapter 22- how the light gets in?

STACEY ROGERS P.O.V
My alarm started ringing and I didn't have the patience to get up and switch it off. So I let it be and dozed off.
I finally woke up and grabbed my phone to check the time.
Hell. It's already 8:15. Drake will be here by 9. I have only forty five minutes to get ready. Amazing.
I quickly took a shower and went to my cupboard to decide on my outfit.
I chose a blue colour ripped jeans. I paired it with a white colour crop top which was half off the shoulder.

I decided to go with a natural look for my makeup

I decided to go with a natural look for my makeup. I just applied some mascara, eye shadow and my favourite strawberry lipgloss.
In another five minutes he will be here. So I quickly grabbed my phone, purse and went down stairs.
I locked the house and went and sat on the porch.
After about five minutes a car stopped in front of me and Drake's head popped out of the window. He opened the door and came outside. He was wearing a blue colour printed shirt which he paired with a white jeans. His hair was pushed backwards and neatly set. He looks good.

"Hey" he said while opening the car door for me

Cute.
"Thanks" I said as I sat.
He started the car and he started driving towards the fair.
"The weather is pleasant" he said.
"Yeah. It is" I said.
"We can have fun if it doesent rain" he said.
"Wait. Don't you like the rain" I asked him.
"I mean it depends. If it doesent disturb my work, then no" he said.
"Funny" I said, laughing.
After about ten minutes we reached the fair.
**************
"So what do you want to do?" he asked me.
"I don't know. I want to do everything" I said
"Okay but first let's go on the Ferris wheel" he said.
"Okay cool" I said.
We bought tickets for it and were waiting in the line.
"You look pretty" he said, out of the blue.
"Thanks. You look good" I said, hiding the blush on my face.
"Come on. Let's go" he said pointing towards the Ferris wheel.
We sat on it and after few minutes it started moving. It was scary in the beginning. Suddenly it jolted and came to a stop.
Why did it stop in the middle of the ride?
"Oh god please save me. I still haven't lived my life" I cried.
"Cupcake, it's going to be okay. Just calm down" he said.
"Do you realise that anything might happen and we might get injured or maybe even die" I said.
"For a matter of a fact we won't die Cupcake" he said.
"How are you so sure?" I asked him.
"I just am" he said, taking my hand in his.
After about a minute the Ferris wheel started moving again and that's when it hit me. The stop was a part of the ride. How stupid am I ?
"It was a part of the ride and you knew it right?" I asked him.
"Very much Cupcake" he said, giving me a goofy grin.
"You are so bad" I said, punching his arm.
"That I am. Okay so where do we go next?" he asked me. 
"Umm.... I want that panda" I said pointing towards the shooting stall.
"Do you want me to win that for you? he asked me.
"Yeah" I said, blushing.
"Just wait and watch" he said, walking towards the stall.
He took the gun and started shooting at the balloons. He shot almost all of them and he won the panda.
"Here my dear Cupcake. Take your panda" he said going on his fours.
Awwww......
"Thank you" I said, taking my panda from him.
"When I'm not there cuddle with it Cupcake" he said, pointing towards the panda.
I was already blushing. My face was already red like a tomato.
"Aww, Cupcake. Don't blush" he said, smirking.
"Shut up" I said.
"Make me" he said, leaning closer to me.
Our faces were just few millimetres apart. He placed his hands on my shoulder while coming more close.
"What do you want me to do , Cupcake?" he asked me.
I was speechless. My heart was racing. I was feeling as if my heart went on a car race.
"Umm... I don't know" I said, blushing.
"Get a room guys" somebody yelled from the crowd.
We quickly drew away from each other and were just staring at each other. After about sometime he asked me "wanna have some food"
"Yeah , sure" I replied.
After having our lunch we went to explore the fair. We went on so many other rides. All of them were exciting. I really never expected that I would be going on a date with Drake. I mean he is a nice person but he has this reputation of a bad boy.
The whole group that he hangs out with Aaron, Flynn, Ferdinand, Austin and Jacob. All of them are the typical bad boys of our school. They are like a package. Where ever they go, they go together.
If you observe you will realise that all of them have hit on our group of six. They are six and we are six. Just have to wait and watch what happens ahead.
By hanging out and spending time with Drake I have understood that he is a hopeless romantic.
He has this tender heart which he is scared of showing to people. That's why he hangs out only with Aaron and others.
We are all broken , maybe that's how the light gets in.
Whenever he is with me he shows me the real him. His true self which he is scared to show the outside world. I feel happy that he trusts me enough to show that to me.
For the rest of the day we loitered around the fair and had lots of fun.
He came to drop me home at around 8 in the night.
"So how did you enjoy today" he asked me.
"I enjoyed a lot. One of the best days of my life" I said.
"A lot more to come. Trust me, Cupcake" he said, winking.
I smiled looking at him. I slowly leaned closer to him and planted a peck on his cheek and quickly got out of the car.
"That's not how you tease someone Cupcake" he said,
"Learnt it from the next" I said, pointing towards him.
"Oh, you admit I'm the best" he said, winking.
"Whatever makes you sleep at night Drake Smith. Goodnight" I said.
"Goodnight Cupcake" he said and drove out of the driveway.
KADY WALKER P.O.V
I opened my eyes and I saw Ferdinand.
Wait. What's he doing in my house? Why am I cuddling with him? When did he come here? Why is my head resting on his shoulder?
Oh. Yeah. I remember it now. Yesterday night he came after my parents went out. Right.
I quietly got up from the couch.
"Good morning Twilight" he said, rubbing his eyes.
"Good morning"I wished him.
I wanted to take a shower.
"I'll just take a shower and then I'll prepare some breakfast for us" I told him.
"Can we go outside and grab some food?" he asked me.
"Okay. Do you want to take a shower?" I asked him.
"Yeah sure" he said.
"You can use the washroom downstairs" I told him and went to take a shower.
After the shower is chose a black colour full sleeved crop top and paired it with a grey couloir mini skirt.

I didn't apply any make up. Who applied it early in the morning?
I tied my hair in a ponytail.
I went downstairs after I finished getting ready.
Ferdinand was wearing a black colour Adidas shirt paired with a black track pants and to top it he wore a blue colour jacket. He looks handsome.

"Let's head out then" he said, looking at me

"Yeah. Sure. I'll just lock the house" I said , grabbing the keys.
After locking the house I went outside.
We sat in his car.
"Where do you want to go?" he asked me.
"Where ever food is being served" I said.
"Okay. I know a place where we can find delicious food" he said.
"Okay then. Let's go" I said.
We drove for about five minutes in absolute silence.
We stopped in front of a small pancake shop.
It was a small place with ten tables roughly. There were about 4 customers and including us six.
There was a table that was isolated so we took a seat at it.
"This place looks nice" I said.
"Yeah. It's cosy. When I was small our family used to come here" he said.
"Oh. Nice" I said.
"Yeah. I used to always order the Nutella pancakes. That's my favourite. You should try it" he said.
"Yeah sure" I said , glancing at the menu.
A waitress came by our table to take our order.
"Can I take your order please" the waitress asked looking at us.
"I'll have a plate of Nutella pancakes with banana toppings and an Oreo shake" Ferdinand said and looked at me.
"Dark chocolate pancakes with chocolate chip toppings and orange juice" I said.
She wrote down the order and vanished.
"So who all used to come with you here" I asked him.
"My dad, mom and Austin. We all used to come here on every weekend" he said.
He used past tense. So does that mean they don't come here anymore.
"So you don't come here anymore?" I asked him.
"I come here sometimes" he said, not looking at my face.
Weird. Something might have happened. He doesent seem like he wants to talk about it. It's better if I drop the topic.
The waitress came and served our orders and we both ate our food in absolute silence.
"Want to try some?" he asked me pushing his plate towards me.
I took a bite and they taste amazing.
"You weren't lieing when you said they taste yum" I said, smiling.
"I never lie, Twilight" he said and continued eating his food.
After we finished eating the food , the waitress handed us the cheque.
I opened my purse to at the money when he said "Let me pay"
Is it a date or something?
"No Twilight. Our first date will be much more better" he said and winked.
I buried my face in my hands and said "Did I say it out loud"
"Yes, dear" he said, smiling.
"Now let me drop you home before your parents think that I kidnapped you" he said, chuckling.
I was already blushing so hard. Why do I embarrass myself? But whatever. Did he say that he is going to take me out on a date? I think I must be day dreaming. Does this mean that he might be interested in me? I seriously don't know anything. That's because I have lost my capability to think straight. It doesent happen everyday that the guy you like takes you out on a date. I mean he still didn't take but he intended to.
"I need a help from you" he said.
"Okay, how can I help you?" I asked him.
"You know right there is something going on between Austin and Meagan" he said.
"Yeah. I know. What about that?" I asked him.
"I have a plan to make them talk" he said.
"Okay. What's it?" I asked.
For the next five minutes he explained about his plan.
"Are you sure that it's going to work" I asked him.
"Yes. I'm pretty sure. I have done that many a times when they were small. It always worked" he said.
"Okay then. I'll help you out" I said.
"Okay cool. See after executing our plan we need to run away from the place otherwise we both might die in their hands" he told me, chuckling.
"Obviously. I like my life a lot" I said.
"And me?" he said so quietly that I almost missed it.
What's he even trying to ask? There were these butterflies doing ballet dance in my stomach. Is that even possible? How can butterflies do a ballet dance! I'm so stupid. This guys got the ability to skip my heartbeat whenever he is around me.
After he dropped me at my home I went inside and crawled upto my bed. I want to sleep.
My phone buzzed. A text message from Ferdinand.
I opened it.
Miss me a lot Twilight. Tomorrow be ready by 7:45. I'm coming to pick you up. Don't be late.
Oh my god. He said he is going to pick me up in the morning. That's sweet.